QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quitting Adderall Journal: Starting Tomorrow

DareP

Krax,

What an excellent point regarding the desire for amphetamines. It might not ever go away, but will get easier the further you get from it. Like I've said before I view it as ending a bad relationship. A part of me remembers the good with adderall, just like I have with past relationships, and since it really became my significant other, I think that's logical. But not ever forgetting how it stole my soul, made me crazy, and changed my life in so many negative ways reminds me of why I don't want to go back and why a life off of adderall is so much more fulfilling and not fake. This life is a billion times better, even if missing stimulants is a part of it.

• Like 1

You are very rational and made a very convincing arguement to yourself why you should quit. You've only used adderall for six months and I don't think trhat is long enough for most people to see what an evil, awful drug it really is and how ugly the addiction can become over time.

I agree! The emotional pain wasn't as strong as many other people. That said, I don't think I really have to hit rock bottom to quit. People quit drinking without hitting bottom all the time, and (I think) people quit Adderall without hitting bottom all the time. I think the cons outweigh the pros for me right now, so I'm gonna quit.

instead of experiencing without trying to control, and the thing is when you are still on the drug or freshly off of it, you really cannot predict - no matter how many posts you read - exactly how yo are going to feel for periods of time after you quit, you just can't, and I think you just have to forge down that road and deal with what your experiences have to offer.

Ahhh ... Thank you for that. A good reality check.

I just called my psychiatrist and cancelled my appointment. I have roughly 100 10mg pills left, about 2 months supply at my current dosage. I mean, realistically, I can pick up the phone at any time and go back on, but the act of canceling the appointment and having a limited supply really adds motivation.

I know I said I'd wait longer before trying, but I'm noticing that I'm going up and down very quickly and it's kind of scaring me. I'll feel amazing for a few days, then I'll stay up while being really concentrated on something (right now it's learning to produce electronic music.) Then I'll stay awake till 5am, completely wipe out my schedule and feel like crap for days afterwards.

This up and down cycle didn't use to happen before and I'm afraid of continuing down this path. So I'm going to keep going with the quitting, using my stash as backup if I really need it.

• Like 1

Good for you!! You are one of the few people I have encountered who seem to realize the dangers of the oncoming addiction, and you also seem to be able to gain control of the drug before the addiction takes over and controls you. Nobody has to hit rock bottom from any addiction, but those who do will find more powerful reasons to quit than just wanting to.