QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Motivation and fatigue

Title says it all, these are the two biggest struggles I’m facing. I still feel so groggy and exhausted, motivating myself to do anything is like pulling teeth. 

I tend to get more energy back at night, but it’s really unhelpful as I need to work and complete tasks during the day. I’m also noticing my sleep patterns are wonky and inconsistent. 

It’s almost been 2 months, but to be honest it feels like longer. Would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. This journey is tough. 

I promise you will continue to improve drastically, but it takes time and it is not linear.  That is, some weeks might feel much worse than the week before.  But overall you will notice an upward trend for years to come.

As far as needing the energy earlier in the day, I sympathize.  Maybe changing your sleep patterns would help?  I know this is easier said than done, but melatonin helps a tonne in case you haven't tried it before.

And HELL YEA on 2 months -- you ROCK.  Let us know when the day hits so we can celebrate it together!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Doge said:

I promise you will continue to improve drastically, but it takes time and it is not linear.  That is, some weeks might feel much worse than the week before.  But overall you will notice an upward trend for years to come.

As far as needing the energy earlier in the day, I sympathize.  Maybe changing your sleep patterns would help?  I know this is easier said than done, but melatonin helps a tonne in case you haven't tried it before.

And HELL YEA on 2 months -- you ROCK.  Let us know when the day hits so we can celebrate it together!

Thank you so much. It feels so good to hear from someone who understands. 

Yeah whenever you feel like shit and are hating on yourself for not having motivation, just remember by quitting you are doing something incredibly difficult.

So if at all possible try to give yourself some grace.  Do the bare minimum and congratulate yourself for it.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with taking energy supplements when you need a boost.  Initially, I found a GNC energy pill with capsacain (pepper extract) to both give me the needed energy and replace the habit of taking drugs for pills.   Adderall gives you the habit of taking pills throughout the day, which I found weirdly hard to break.  Also, I used (sugar free) red bull, 5 hour energy, vitamin B-12, and any other non-amphetamine energy boosters during my first year of recovery.  Whatever it takes to stay off the drug.  Two months is a great start.  I started feeling a little improvement around three months.  Keep on going!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, quit-once said:

There is nothing wrong with taking energy supplements when you need a boost.  Initially, I found a GNC energy pill with capsacain (pepper extract) to both give me the needed energy and replace the habit of taking drugs for pills.   Adderall gives you the habit of taking pills throughout the day, which I found weirdly hard to break.  Also, I used (sugar free) red bull, 5 hour energy, vitamin B-12, and any other non-amphetamine energy boosters during my first year of recovery.  Whatever it takes to stay off the drug.  Two months is a great start.  I started feeling a little improvement around three months.  Keep on going!

Thank you! Maybe I’ll stop by a GNC tomorrow. L tyrosine has helped some, but very subtle overall. Not as much as I’d hoped. 

12 hours ago, Cheesygorditadunch said:

Thank you! Maybe I’ll stop by a GNC tomorrow. L tyrosine has helped some, but very subtle overall. Not as much as I’d hoped. 

L-Tyrosine is a great mood booster but it did little for me as an energy booster.  Remember:  Motivation follows action.