QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Ahhh weight gain and concussion

Jazzy7

Ahhh help! I have gained 28 lbs in 60 days!! :( I am at my two months today and so proud of myself for this. Loving the person I am becoming on the inside! However, gaining so much weight is really effecting my self esteem! also- I got a concussion 10 days ago from snowboarding - making it nearly impossible to work out without getting really bad headaches. By the way I found the symptoms of a concussion to be be almost identical to withdrawals from adderall... fatigue, difficulty concentrating, etc... Some interesting stuff- not at all surprised by the connection that brain damage had to adderall abuse... Some food for thought. Anyway just feeling kinda low and reaching out for some support. Also found a really cool picture I want to share once I figure out how to do it.

~Jazzy

Jazzy,

I am so happy for your 2 months! That's fantastic! :)

Just hang in there girl. Quitting Adderall is a huge accomplishment if you have been using it as a diet remedy. I don't know if you were, but I was and this was and still is the last issue I struggle with at times. However, I've made a lot of progress in the past year. It gets easier. Just be gentle with yourself now and know that everything will work itself out as long as you stay on the path of recovery.

Hugs!

• Like 1

Congratulations on 2 months! That's amazing!! I also think the weight will level off. Now that you have a concussion with limited physical activity you're probably getting more fixated on weight ... I know I would be. It does get easier. You will start to find new eating habits that work for you, make you feel good, healthy and give you energy -- real energy. Stay the course. You are already feeling the benefits -- so happy for you!

• Like 2

Hi Jazzy! 2 months is no small accomplishment so CONGRATS!

Thats interesting about the concussion/adderall connection! How much longer do you have until you can work out again?

Is there anything mellow you can do for now? Like, yoga or pilates or something?

Also, you didn't mention your eating habits..... small things like cutting sugar, alcohol, etc can go a long way. :)

You'll lose all that weight this summer after your concussion heals and your body realizes you're not starving anymore.

And anyway, weight gain is secondary to the fact that you've come this far!!!

Thanks for all the congrats! I am definitely proud and so much happier without the adderall! Food choices have definitely been my biggest problem- so hungry all the time and been craving sugar so much. I also just seem to care a lot less until I get on the scale that is. Lacking the self discipline I guess. Weight loss used to be an easy thing for me and now it is definitely going to take a lot of effort