QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Visiting with Friends

quit-once

Yesterday was a nice warm spring day and I had a lot of yard work planned because the entire month of April has been cold and wet around here and the snow just finally melted for good. I have several yard projects I have been itching to get started on. I also had some supply shopping to get done on my day off. Anyway, the phone rang before 9 AM and it was a friend from another town. They (married friends) wanted to come and visit me. We usually have long visits and sometimes they stay overnight. I told her I was working in my yard but I would love to see them too, so "come on by". So they arrived about noon, we drank a beer or two, went out to dinner and they left after that.

These are friends whom I have known for over 20 years. Never an adderall connection with this friendship. But I can't tell you how many times they had called while I was tweaking and I would either

1) not answer the phone because I wasn't "taking calls that day"

2) answer the phone but lie about what I was doing

3) delay returning their calls until much later

4) act weird and busy when they showed up unnanounced

Essentially, I was dissing my friends and sometimes my family because I was too goddamn "busy doing projects" on adderall. Couldn't be bothered with a social visit, and the thought of giving up a half day of busy work for anything was unsettling. Couldn't spend too much time just talking on the phone, either.

I am glad that my friends and other people in my life can be forgiving of my selfish behavior regarding social time. I thoroughly enjoyed our visit yesterday and still managed to get most of my shit done. This "normal" balance of friends, work and life was simply not possible in the later stages of my adderall addiction, and I am grateful it is forever behind me.

I would like to wish everybody who has read this post a happy and friendly Spring!

• Like 4

Quit once,

I can relate to what you're saying so much. I'm amazed that pretty much everyone stuck around after I was a sketch ball for so long. People that care about us really tend to be forgiving. Glad you got to visit with friends and got your yard work done....very nice.

Yesterday was a nice warm spring day and I had a lot of yard work planned because the entire month of April has been cold and wet around here and the snow just finally melted for good. I have several yard projects I have been itching to get started on. I also had some supply shopping to get done on my day off. Anyway, the phone rang before 9 AM and it was a friend from another town. They (married friends) wanted to come and visit me. We usually have long visits and sometimes they stay overnight. I told her I was working in my yard but I would love to see them too, so "come on by". So they arrived about noon, we drank a beer or two, went out to dinner and they left after that.

These are friends whom I have known for over 20 years. Never an adderall connection with this friendship. But I can't tell you how many times they had called while I was tweaking and I would either

1) not answer the phone because I wasn't "taking calls that day"

2) answer the phone but lie about what I was doing

3) delay returning their calls until much later

4) act weird and busy when they showed up unnanounced

Essentially, I was dissing my friends and sometimes my family because I was too goddamn "busy doing projects" on adderall. Couldn't be bothered with a social visit, and the thought of giving up a half day of busy work for anything was unsettling. Couldn't spend too much time just talking on the phone, either.

I am glad that my friends and other people in my life can be forgiving of my selfish behavior regarding social time. I thoroughly enjoyed our visit yesterday and still managed to get most of my shit done. This "normal" balance of friends, work and life was simply not possible in the later stages of my adderall addiction, and I am grateful it is forever behind me.

I would like to wish everybody who has read this post a happy and friendly Spring!

I can relate to that, it's impossible to abuse Adderall and maintain any sort of relationship after a while.

It makes anyone "all ego"