QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Witticism

ashley6

Someone pointed out to me last night that I was witty, and it was just a reminder of how much adderall took that away. I was the furthest thing away from witty when on adderall, and I guess this is on the same lines as sense of humor. I find positive things all the time that didn't exist on adderall. Anyone else notice this?

• Like 1

YES! I'm finding that I laugh and smile and have soooo much more fun now, even at work, and I don't take anything as seriously as I used to. Things don't stress me out the way they did on adderall because they're really not as serious! Which leaves a lot more room for playfulness, laughing, joking. It really is a whole other way of being. :D

• Like 1

Ashley I am glad you can see more and more positives the longer you are off Adderall. Just curious what symptoms are you still experiencing after getting off Addys? I believe I read your story that you were on it for 7 years or so and is clean for about a year? I am day 47 and I still experience anxiety whenever I step outside. Also when I wake up in the morning I still have the "lull" of actually getting up without the 'pick me up' of vyvanse. Freakin sucks.

Yes, I just find humor in more things when I'm not on adderall. When I was on adderall, it would take a a lot to make me laugh and I'd actually get annoyed at people who laughed "too" much or weren't serious enough. Now I find myself not taking everything so damn seriously and making jokes.

• Like 1