QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Running Club

Greg

Way to go Ashley! Um, that doesn't sound slow to me. It's like just over 10 minutes miles, which I wouldn't call slow :) Especially if you are running 5.5 of them. Anyway, I've been bad at getting miles in too the past two weeks. Ran 4 on Tuesday. But I'm going to give myself a break because I'm getting married next Saturday and then leaving the country for 2 weeks which equals out to long hours at work (getting ready to be gone for that long) and plus getting ready for the big day. So... very little free time. But getting out for 4 miles the other day felt great. Hope to get a few more of those in over the next week. 

Go running club!

• Like 1

I have also decided to reward myself and get a high end pair of running shoes (Asics Gel Nimbus 15) and also because i feel its a good investment, running all the time. I am developing runners knee and have had to ice my knees and im worried about the protection on my feet with my current shoes. These are really, really, really well reviewed and suppose to offer a lot of protection and stabilization. Cant wait for them to arrive.  I wonder how it will impact my running.

I just got back from an impromptu 13.1 mile run!

I started to feel nausea at mile 11 but i was like 'im almost at 13.1' so i kept going. And then at mile 12 i started wondering if my heart would suddenly stop from overexerting it..then at mile 12.5 the world became really super clear, and runners high kicked in (my dopamine receptors still work, lol)  and so i started sprinting to the finish. So i made it to 13.1.

But i took water breaks during my run and let the treadmill continue to run so i got mileage that i didn't really earn. so i ran an extra mile after the 13.1 to make up for the mileage i got when i wasn't on the treadmill. 

:)  :)

• Like 2

Well happy Monday everyone....... I only got 7 miles in last week, plus 6 miles of bike riding.  I'm not gonna make excuses, it was a really rough week for me and I didn't take it out on running like I usually do.  So I need to get back on that.   I don't want to slip away from our club already!  I'll say it now and publicly.....this week I will get back in the club!

• Like 1

I believe you, occasional. You've been amazing on this working out thing. I don't think we have to worry about you slipping away :)

Ok group, I did 5 miles outside tonight, only walking the first two songs! It's not that impressive, but for me....it is, because you all know I struggle with running outside. I wanted to walk so many times, but I started talking to myself out loud like "Ashley, you can do this. You've done much harder than this before!" People probably thought I was crazy but whatever :)

• Like 2

Thanks Ashley!!!  :)   Good job running those 5 miles outside!! YEAH!   It IS impressive!  I know, its such a different experience.  Its harder, but I think that you might start to like it better!  There are soo many beautiful places (roads, trails, parks, neighborhoods) to mix up the running scenery.

(I struggle with the treadmill!  If I run on a treadmill I just stare at the #'s the whole time......not very motivating for me lol.  I actually really admire you all who are running at the gym because that must take SERIOUS motivation....!)

Well I just did 7 miles and 30 push ups.   Its been a week since I last ran, so it was kinda painful but felt GOOD. :)

• Like 2

So ummm, how can you tell if you're getting out of shape?  I ran 3.83 and some of my quad and calf muscles started hurting about halfway through.   I can't tell if I've been pushing it too hard or if I'm out of shape, LOL!    My guy says I'm not stretching enough.  So maybe that's it? 

Whatever, nothing major.  HAPPY FRIDAY PEOPLE!!! :)

EDIT:  Luckily the soreness was nothing an hour of dancing and a couple beers couldn't fix.  Feeling great!  I really do believe in the recovery workout.

Occasional1 - Get new SHOES!!!!!!!!!

My legs were WEARING DOWN, could barely walk, and i had no idea it was simply because my shoes needed to be replaced. Since i started running with my new shows, my soreness and pain has just been vanishing day by day.

Shoes are only supposed to last a few hundred miles, and given how much we run, its important to replace them. Also, i have heard from lots of people, and from reading on the net that it is important to find the right running shoes for you. In terms of how your feet hit the ground etc etc...

Check out this link

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor

I inputed all my info, and it told me to get Asics which really has helped me a lot. 

• Like 1

if this posts twice, ignore me (I got booted out of the forum momentarily, not quite sure what happened).

I guess I AM joining you guys - I just did another 3 mile run.  Me and the sandflies... they kept flying in to my open mouth!  

So that's 6 miles this week.  Half way there... it's a good feeling!  

YOU GUYS GOT SO FIT SO FAST!  it's remarkable reading your posts.  Definitely inspirational.

• Like 2