QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Helllooo

ashley6

Ashley, it was so awesome to meet you. :) I've been thinking about you since and just wanted to let you know I think you are doing amazing! This path that we are on can be very challenging at times and I know it's not easy, but just remember it is WORTH it. When I think about what my life would've been like had I continued my Adderall addiction (all the toxic relationships, paranoia, drugs, all the easy 9300 cigarettes I would've smoked in the past 31 months, debt, one night stands, isolation/withdrawal, and shame I would still be feeling inside) compared to what my life has been like since I got clean I know that I am EXACTLY where I am meant to be right now. Even though at the moment I've been feeling a little confused as to what direction I want to go next, at least I know there is a BRIGHT FUTURE in store for me once I decide whatever it should be. I think the biggest thing we must do in recovery is KEEP HOPE ALIVE and create a vision of what it is that we want. I am still working on mine, but I hope to figure it out someday soon. Just keep moving forward girl and I just want to say I am so proud of you! :) In Recovery, are you in Vegas??????????

• Like 2

I feel like I "know" a few of you around here and I can only immagine how cool and rewarding it would be to actually have a conversation person to person. I have never really "met" anybody online outside of this forum. I am really glad you two hooked up. Was it awkward at first or did you find lots of things in common to discuss? Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Ashley, it was so awesome to meet you. :) I've been thinking about you since and just wanted to let you know I think you are doing amazing! This path that we are on can be very challenging at times and I know it's not easy, but just remember it is WORTH it. When I think about what my life would've been like had I continued my Adderall addiction (all the toxic relationships, paranoia, drugs, all the easy 9300 cigarettes I would've smoked in the past 31 months, debt, one night stands, isolation/withdrawal, and shame I would still be feeling inside) compared to what my life has been like since I got clean I know that I am EXACTLY where I am meant to be right now. Even though at the moment I've been feeling a little confused as to what direction I want to go next, at least I know there is a BRIGHT FUTURE in store for me once I decide whatever it should be. I think the biggest thing we must do in recovery is KEEP HOPE ALIVE and create a vision of what it is that we want. I am still working on mine, but I hope to figure it out someday soon. Just keep moving forward girl and I just want to say I am so proud of you! :) In Recovery, are you in Vegas??????????

No lil tex, although that would be neat though. I love all you can eat buffets. Was referencing the Vegas thread when Cassie brought up the idea of us on this site organizing a quittingadderall convention in Vegas. :)

Click here.

• Like 1

Quit Once, it was just so nice getting to meet her in person! She's super cool and I had a great time. It was maybe a little nerve wrecking, but it was totally awesome and I hope she comes back to town again soon. :) I would totally love to meet all of you at some point and keep our connectedness ongoing forever. Who knows where all of this might lead us someday. I think what's so cool about this site is that we are the only place I know of for recovering Adderall addicts. I mean Adderall is such a new drug in our time, but I'm sure over the next course of however many years, there will be more and more people needing help. And how cool to think we were like the early pioneers of Adderall recovery, ya know? I think about how each and everyone of us that is now clean from Adderall has a story to tell and how we are a source and hope for others. I think about the lives we could touch and how from our struggle we could make a difference in someone else's life. That is by far the most significant impact of my recovery. The fact that I was actually able to meet the girl I helped by sharing my story...well, I just got goose bumps if that says anything. :) IN Recovery, that sounds awesome! I would love to go to Vegas. Let's do it ya'll!

• Like 1

LilTex,

It was sooo nice to meet you! I was nervous like a blind date or something (ha), but it was great talking to you and learning from someone who has a lot it sobriety under their belt. You've been through a lot, and I'm so proud of you too! I'll hit you up again next time I'm in the area :) oh yeah, and InRecovery, she's fit as crap. She should be our work out role model!

Ashley, you just brightened my day sunshine! :) I needed this today. Thank you girly! Big (((hugs))) By the way, ever since our lunch date (lol) I've been doing some research on anxiety and I found a new cool website. So far, this has a lot of useful info. And I'm getting ready to buy this book, "Feel the fear and do it anyway", by Susan Jeffers. I just read the contents on Amazon and it sounds spot on. The new website I found is called, "Anxietyzone.com". There's a lot of hope on this thing for overcoming anxiety without meds. It can be done. Hooray!!