QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anxiety kicking my butt

resetBrain

Anxiety is kicking my butt this last week or so. I don't know how much of it is post-Adderall (nine months off of Adderall / 3 months off of Provigil, etc.) or how much of it is just "how I am." I can't identify any external causes of the anxiety. A lot of it, as I try to remind myself, is just physical sensations...like my fight or flight reactions getting turned on for no reason...knotted stomach, numb arms and hands, crying (even wailing if I'm alone). I get so frozen. I've been somewhat keeping it in check by walking a couple miles every day. And telling myself it's not real. But this weekend it wasn't in check. Right now it isn't in check. Saturday walking a couple miles didn't kill it. Yesterday, I'd ended up taking 2 MG of Klonpin (1/2 MG at a time) to knock the anxiety out, but of course that knocked me out too. I did almost nothing but lay in bed and sleep and read a novel. Today, I'm at work, it's about 11 a.m. for me, I've already taken 1 MG of Klonpin, but I'm still jacked up with knotted stomach and numb arms and crying because I'm so frustrated.

I'm trying not to judge myself, I'm trying not to judge the situation but I'm so frustrated. Like yesterday, the sun was shining, it was the weekend...I should've been out riding bikes or hiking or doing something with my kid. I hate taking Klonopin, but I don't know what else would get me through right now...

Somebody remind me that this will get better, because at the moment I just can't see it.

Are you seeing a therapist at all? Sometimes anxiety has sources that are hard to pin down, but maybe a therapist could help you get to the source of the issues. Benzos are mainly good for the symptoms but they don't get to the source unless you take them while working through the issues causing the anxiety itself.

Yeah, have been seeing a good psychologist for a couple years. However, she's going through a major medical issue of her own and had to cut back her schedule, so it's been about 6 weeks since I've been able to see her and I won't see her again until two weeks from now and who knows after that. I know *should* ask her if she can recommend someone to see while she is unavailable. Still I cringe at the whole idea of that because I've definitely seen some therapists over the years who either "aren't a good fit" or are just a useless waste of money and leave time.