QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Does anyone get LESS hungry off Adderall?

whosthisguy

It's so strange, but on top of the disoriented, out-of-it feeling, I almost feel like my fatigue is taking me to the point where I'm not as hungry as often or I'm just too damn tired to eat. I just forced myself to make some rice and two slices of pizza... they're still sitting next to me, but I know I have to eat them. It's so frustrating. :/.

Tomorrow is day 10 (shouldn't be, but I relapsed on day 10 last time and flushed them down the toilet) and my W/D feelings are only getting worse. I wish they'd let up a little bit. Maybe I should start running to stimulate my metabolism and subsequent hunger again.. I was obsessed with running on AD, maybe I can get into it again off it. Everything just feels more laborious. Well, obviously.

Edit - Lol, I don't know why I'm giving a play-by-play of my eating habits, but I just ate a slice of pizza and half the bowl of rice and I'm stuffed. Not normal. I HATE ADDERALL. I'm glad I joined this because I've always been too lazy to journal... whenever I feel like relapsing I'm just gonna read my whiny, long-winded, ADHD-infused posts.

I remember still not having an appetite for the first 7 days in detox. I could eat, but it was minimal. Food just wasn't that appealing yet...YET. lol It's probably just the Adderall still in your system. Don't worry, you'll be fine soon.

Yes, go running! Just do it for 5 or 10 mins if you can. Tell yourself you can run 5 and walk 5 run 5 walk 5. Even if you only do 10 mins you'll have met your goal and get those natural endorphins going again. :)

Good job on 10 days!

Adderall messes with your dopamine and reward system ... From what you wrote it sounds like your brain is failing to give you the signal that eating will be rewarding ... I believe this goes along with anhedonia and some types of depression ... I've noticed that some people who have a mixed anxious-depressive type of depression seem to worry themselves to the point where they can't eat ... This doesn't sound like your case, however ... In time I'm sure your appetite will return ... Like you said running or some other type of aerobic exercise may have a multifaceted benefit for you ... Let me ask you do you FEEL hungry but are unable to get yourself to eat (because of a "what's the point?"-type of feeling) or is it like your appetite just feels suppressed (the way it is when you take Adderall)?

Thanks, Liltex! I remember on addy I could more than 5 mins at a time... like 30 minutes without needing a break. Not a big deal for some people, but for just having quit smoking it was pretty good :P. I'll try not to get discouraged, though.

@Confused-I think you're right in both ways. I am definitely anxious-depressive, but I think the AD is just compounding it. As in, I've gotten better with the worrying aspect and the AD was keeping me a little regular. I could FEEL when I was hungry on AD. It was such an intense pain in my stomach... maybe I wasn't eating enough and once I was super hungry my body would just scream, "I NEED FOOD. NOW." But it would come at pretty normal intervals, it's not like I was starving myself. I remember before I was even on AD I did have some weird ED stuff going on (IDK why, I'm skinny as all get out), but I can tell this is different than when I was on AD. To answer your question, right now it just does feel like my appetite is being suppressed. But I've experienced the "what's the point" in the past. 

I think you guys are right, though, I'll get balanced out in time... I'm excited :)

I think everyone's different, because I wanted to eat everything in sight when I first quit. I think our bodies just react differently and withdrawal varies from person to person. I do remember I hated the feeling of being full, because it was foreign to me on adderall.

• Like 1

Day 19 off Adderall and my appetite is about the same as when I was taking the pill. I have to force myself to start eating. Once started though, I could eat enough for two. My appetite should naturally be lower due to a new records of non-activity. I'm still sleeping/resting for 12 hours a day when I can get it. I've had to work a lot of overtime this week. Even though I'm plenty tired, I notice that the feeling of being totally depleted or exhausted (aka the crash) is not there. I like the absence of the daily crash. 

I have only cut down from 20 mg to 10 mg though it feels like I might as well not have any in my system. My appetite also feels kind of low and I feel very depressed, which may have something to do with it. But I think the fatigue is the culprit here. I'm just too tired and too mentally disengaged to want to go through the hassles of cooking something and cleaning up after myself. Everything feels like it is going in slow motion and using my hands feels tiring to me.