QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Picking up the pieces

ashley6

Congrats you are definitely on the right path. I did some pretty deceitful things while using and managed to  create some major debt too. I feel really guilty about a lot of things.  I think the great thing is we can now create the life we want filled with people and love.  I'm not as far a long (90 days ) so I'm glad to hear things get better. Congrats on completing college congrats on 16th months you've accomplished so much

Zerokewl,

That's great. 90 days is a huge accomplishment, and while you will start feeling somewhat better, don't get discouraged on days you don't, because it definitely is a roller coaster for awhile, but thank goodness you're getting off of it and moving on to a better, more genuine you.

Congratulations. I can totally relate. My functioning went so far down the tubes on this drug it wasn't funny. I still have a hard time dealing with filling out forms and petty paperwork type things - like paying my bills on time and all, but it's getting easier. Who would have thought my concentration would get so bad on Adderall over a few years rather than better? But then again, drugs have different effects over time in combinations with all sorts of other factors and some act in a way that is idosyncratic...this, I know having been on lots of them.

I am so glad you figured this out at a young age. You have many years ahead of you to make some real headway now.

Ashley,

Thank you for posting something so encouraging! I am grasping at straws every day. I’m tittering on the edge because I am so sick of feeling like a used up, tired, old grease rag. And… with that statement aside, I am being nice to myself, putting up with this new me. I only push myself when I need to eat, stay clean and work. Work has actually been very helpful for me. I would really go nuts laying around all day, every day. It’s changing shifts and overtime that are steps backwards in my recovery.  Maybe I can change that, I don’t know. What I do know is that I am getting the support I need from people like you. Your work here is nothing short of saving lives.

I propose a toast to you Ashley on your 16th month anniversary, with all of your friends here. You have worked hard, paid the horrendous price, stayed the course and been an inspiration in our community. Here’s to you Ashley, and to achieving all of your dreams. May they bring you peace, joy and wellbeing.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words! Throughout my recovery, when some of the days were just awful and I didn't know how I could make it through how much reading Cassie, InRecovery, quit-once, LilTex, and Motivation Follows Actions, to name a few, words meant to me. I truly don't know if I could've done it and continue to do it without the guidance and support here. And I continue to learn from all you newbies on a daily basis. This site has a special place in my heart.....not to get all mushy....but it forever will.

• Like 1