QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Introduction to pass the insomniac time

svandal

Hey guys!

First of all, I want to thank you all for being here. I came across this website a couple years ago, and I remember being shocked when I found it. I thought for years that I was alone in my addiction. I remember watching a video of someone pouring out their prescription, and crying my eyes out. I knew at the time I longed to be free of adderall, but doubted I had the strength.

Probably dozens of prescriptions later, however, I managed to flush one. I am so glad I did. Adderall/Vyvanse/stimulants stole my happiness for 8 years. My addiction nearly destroyed my life. I now have a little over 5 months clean. Life is not perfect, but it is pretty sweet. I have a job. I have friends. I read books. I go on walks and enjoy sitting in the park.

Day by day, my joy and motivation are beginning to return. Slowly. I am learning and re-learning who I am. To everyone sharing this journey with me, it is great to make your acquaintance. I know we can do this and believe it can, and does, get better.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums and congrats for five months. Eight years is a long time to spend in an addiction - I did it for nine years myself. I felt more vulnerable to a relapse at five months than about any other time in my recovery. I am glad your life is getting better, without those stupid pills. I love your optomistic outlook! Good luck.

Day by day, my joy and motivation are beginning to return. Slowly. I am learning and re-learning who I am. To everyone sharing this journey with me, it is great to make your acquaintance. I know we can do this and believe it can, and does, get better.

5 months of congratulations to you, svandal! I am definately sharing this journey with you. It is good to hear from someone else who used for a long time. Thank you for sharing your thoughts at this point in your recovery. Stay with us.