QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Article: Sleep 'boosts brain cell numbers'

BeHereNow

Interesting article from BBC News - Sleep 'boosts brain cell numbers'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23932577

For all of us who can't stop sleeping while recovering, this is good news!

This article also makes me wonder if adderall is even worse for the brain than previously thought.  Judging by how much we sleep while quitting, and how sleep deprived we can become on adderall, it must have a negative long-term effect on the brain. 

• Like 2

For all of us who can't stop sleeping while recovering, this is good news!

Thanks for the good article. I choose to focus on the positive comment that was your first reaction. The super sleep time after quitting Adderall is healing our brains, both short term and long term.

• Like 1

I used Adderall as a tool to help me get through rotating shift work. You want to talk about messing up your sleep cycle, try working shifts that change every two weeks. Rotating shift work was added to the list of known carcinogens in 2006, I believe. It is because it messes with the hormone melatonin. Evidently melatonin is at the top of the hormone chain and wreaks havoc down the line with the body's other hormones.

Now, I rely on will power to work the shifts. I've been lucky so far. My co-workers are letting me work mostly 3 PM - 11 PM. It is part of the reason I had a chance to quit...a diet of 3-11. It allows me to sleep 10 hours a day and rest for many more. It is also known as the lazy man's shift, but right now I just don't care. It will knock the wind out of any social life too, but has served me well in my quit.

Sleep well all you normal work hour folks. You don't know how good you have it.

Had a pretty bad paws day on Saturday and ended up a puddle on the couch.  Watched a bunch of documentaries on Yoga and stuff. It dealt alot with vibration and mindfulness. I think Adderall really f'd with our vibrations (our natural state) this whole process of getting better is about regaining a good vibration or rhythm. D/L some yoga videos and I'm gonna run out and get a wii yoga game today.  I know it sounds a little "hippie", but I'm willing to try anything!

• Like 1

Actually enjoying the yoga. I am doing it at home on my wii. Maybe I'll work up the courage to go to a class.  Trying new things like yoga and meditation. Recovery can be fun sometimes

reset HAHA. I just went digging for an old Slayer t .  It was a documentary about this Buddhist / punk movement that really inspired me   

http://www.meditationplex.com/buddhist-meditation-2/dharma-punx-buddhism-meets-punk-rock/

http://www.dharmapunx.com/