QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Feeling a little funky on Wellbutrin "/

lunax

I started taking wellbutrin a few months ago at a low dose of 100mg/day. I recently had my doctor up my dose to 200mg/day because I really wasn’t feeling the effect of the 100mg. Plus I figured if I increased the dose I would feel less of a need to take adderall again.

Anwyay, yesterday I noticed that my eyes looked red and glassy kinda like when I was taking/abusing adderall (same thing happening today). I also felt a little anxious/shaky which I thought was due to the tea I was drinking but in retrospect I think this could also be due to the higher dose of wellbutrin.

Has anyone had a similar experience on Wellbutrin? Or has anyone developed an dependency/addiction to Wellbutrin? If so, please share.

Why don't you take 150 mg and see how you feel? I assume you have the 100 mg SR pills. You can cut them in half and it retains the release mechanism. I used to take 50 mg Wellbutrin/day by cutting the 100mg pills.

Wellbutrin will probably make the Adderall withdrawal less unpleasant. You say you can't 'feel the effect' of 100mg - well, Wellbutrin's not going to get you high, just remember.

Lunax,

I'm currently on 150mgs xl of Wellbutrin. When I first took it, I, too, noticed the red, glassy eye thing...and shaky and anxious too for like a week. And I had energy that I wasn't used to. It's possible that this is too much of an increase for you, but I noticed my body adjusted pretty quickly and those side effects subsided. I think splitting one in half would be a good idea, like Cassie suggested. Just like most medications you have to see what works for your body.

I didn't mean you were looking for a high, just that you won't feel wellbutrin or other supplements 'kick in', the way you would Adderall. I remember when I first quit, how desperate I was to find a magic supplement or energy drink to instantly make me feel better. But quitting amphetamines isn't like that. There is no quick fix to feeling better, just a very slow wait as your brain recovers from the chemical imbalance you put it through. And depression is a huge side effect of quitting the Adderall. I'm not saying this to discourage or scare you, I just think it's important to understand that while quitting Adderall, you will go through a period of serious discomfort that you can't medicate away. It is 'paying your dues' for the addiction, as quit-once says.

• Like 1