QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Side Effects

Chara

I'm on my 7th day Addy-free, I was taking 70 mgs daily prescribed by my Dr.since 2009.  Before Adderall I would always get complements on how young and pretty I looked.  Now days I don't like mirrors or cameras. I would say that in 4 years, I may have aged 7 or 8, maybe more, my teeth and hair are brittle, my skin dry and dull, I have no motivation, totally ignore my loved ones and haven't held a job in a year.  When I first started Adderall I was filled with excitement and energy, now even with the increase to 70 mg. I am but a shell, I no longer have muscle tone,have no desire for even the basics , food, entertainment, relationships, etc.  I was dying inside, so here I am 7 days free, the first 3 days I slept, I got a little appetite and I notice that I now pay attention to my family, I actually find lots of humor in life and I am happy.  I've been taking vitamins, using essential oils, aromatherapy, pampering myself and being patient with the process, I feel much more energetic than expected and that's probably due to the new habits I'm creating for myself.  I thank God for the person who started this page!  I am not going back, my life depends on my commitment and desire to thrive. No matter how tough it gets that's my mantra, I survived before Addy, I nearly died with Addy and I'm thriving without Addy. I'm excited and motivated by all the stories. Let's Do It!

• Like 4

Chara, Welcome to the forums for quitting Adderall. You are in the right place for quitting and staying quit. It will require a strong resolve to go through the process. Stay close to the forums, read as much as you can here and participate in the conversations. Congratulations on one week clean! That is fantastic, down from 70mgs a day!

• Like 3