QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Help

cardinals5155

Ive been taking adderal since i was a little kid. I needed it and probably still do. My add isnt the kind where i ant focus on 1 thing, its more like i am a lazy slug and need the boost to get my mind up and active. I lost my father last mothers day and began to take more adderal and hide behind the feeling of it from the sadness i really had inside me. It lead to horrible panic attacks and me having to move back home. I have started anti dep. and have meds for attacks if needed but i find myself so dependent on adderal that i cant do anything without taking one. even things i used to love now require adderal. I realized its time to be done for good and I want to experience life, not just think about when my bottle is going to run out this month. I am a slug when I dont take it. I just have zero motivation to do anything at all. I dont wanna shower, eat, anything! Do you guys have any ways to help me. I need to learn how to FORCE myself to go on that run and exercise, stuff like that to make me feel good. I just cant seem to do it. What do i do?! Thanks guys

Put one foot in front of the other. At this point you will have no motivation. The best advice i can give you is to be accepting of this for the time being and even when your head and body are telling you no, start training yourself to go against it. You may also wanna try takimg some vitamin supplements. Most of all great patience will be required. You wont be able to convince yourself all the time right now to"take action" but you should still focus on trying to, that way if you move one out of three times at least it gets the ball rolling. Also, you might wanna try "the 30 day challenge" to help you get started if you're serious about quitting. there are a lot ofsupportive people here to back you up.

Fw

• Like 3

FW took the words right out of my mouth.  Patience and determination; when that fails rely on your support network (this includes all of the wonderful people here).  This means that you will need to be honest with the people around you in order for them to help you.  You should consider talking to your prescribing doctor also to make sure that they will no longer supply you with the prescription.

• Like 3

Ive been taking adderal since i was a little kid. I needed it and probably still do. My add isnt the kind where i ant focus on 1 thing, its more like i am a lazy slug and need the boost to get my mind up and active. I lost my father last mothers day and began to take more adderal and hide behind the feeling of it from the sadness i really had inside me. It lead to horrible panic attacks and me having to move back home. I have started anti dep. and have meds for attacks if needed but i find myself so dependent on adderal that i cant do anything without taking one. even things i used to love now require adderal. I realized its time to be done for good and I want to experience life, not just think about when my bottle is going to run out this month. I am a slug when I dont take it. I just have zero motivation to do anything at all. I dont wanna shower, eat, anything! Do you guys have any ways to help me. I need to learn how to FORCE myself to go on that run and exercise, stuff like that to make me feel good. I just cant seem to do it. What do i do?! Thanks guys

Hey cardinal,

You have to make the decision to quit forever if you want to experience life to it's fullest and truly be happy again. It sounds like you're addicted. It's normal to feel like a slug when you don't take it. After taking it for a long time your body simply forgets how to function without it. Full recovery takes over a year for sure so if you do decide to quit for good realize that you won't feel motivated and disciplined until you have abstained from adderall for several months. It's hard to quit, but absolutely worth it. There are many people on these forums, including myself, who can totally relate to what you're going through. It sucks, I know. The good news is that the grass is much greener on the other side and when you do make it to that year mark you will be happier than ever, believe me. Please stick around these forums whether you decide to quit or not. I can see that you have good intentions and want to quit. We are here to help guide you if you truly are serious about it.

Also, if you're trying to force yourself to do things you don't want to do, maybe try writing down all the benefits you can possible think of doing a certain activity. If the WHY is big enough the HOW doesn't matter, you know? So for example, running will give you a lot more natural energy once you're used to running regularly, it will help you focus better naturally, and it will increase your levels of motivation. Once you get into running and make it a habit, it will be easy and enjoyable. A good run is far superior to any amount of adderall or coffee for me. If you can't force yourself to run for 30 mins, try 5 mins. Go run hard for 5 minutes every day out every 24 hours and soon enough you'll see that running for 10 mins will eventually be as easy as running for 5 minutes. Here's the trick, though. People who take adderall first take the drug and then they get motivated. For normal people who get motivated naturally, it starts with doing something that you don't want to do, and motivation will follow. You won't feel motivated to run until you start running. Make sure to WRITE DOWN why and then start as small as necessary. Also, the 30 day challenge that FW was talking about is a great way to hold yourself accountable for quitting. Check the thread out. I hope this helps. 

Blesbro

• Like 2