QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I took a drive.

Shambo

I dropped my boys at practice & was driving around, having my smoke. I was listening to Dirty Paws by Of monsters & men (perfect music for my dramatic scene;) & whipped the car around, sped to the pharmacy, requested my script on file, informed them I wouldn't need them to special order my meds anymore, & it felt great! I ripped my script into shreds.

I haven't told anyone I did that. I'm slowly peeking over my walls, but I'm out of practice with authentic connections. Adderall fed my illusion that life is a movie about me- it's all about me. I'm ashamed to see the degree to which I believe that- and ashamed that I'm still struggling with it. I know it's a part of the human condition but damn.

I've had flu like symptoms since Thanksgiving day. It seems to be worse today. I'm taking my supplements and taking better care of my body than I have in years- what gives!? Thank you for the words, you guys. The encouragement is such a big source of support for me. When I read your replays, they're in voices I've made for each of you. Lol! Crazy? In case it's not obvious, yeah, crazy is my copilot. ;). Happy Tuesday!

• Like 4

Holy crap, you just about gave me a heart attack!  I thought that you were going to get the script filled; you really had me going there.  WHAT AN AWESOME STEP YOU HAVE MADE!  We are so proud of you.  I know it's been a tough week and getting the flu probably isn't helping things but you are doing the work, keep it up lady.

And we're all crazy, just to different extents ;-)

• Like 2

Chelle,

Nice work tearing up your perscription! I'll bet it felt great, like closing the door on the castle dragon.

Yes, I have heard that before— about the experience of being with other people and your mind on Adderall is like another person watching the scene you are participating in. Now you can start practicing being present around other people. It takes some getting used to. I'm still not completely comfortable with it yet. I think that is one of the reasons they call it "Adderall World."

What an unlucky time to catch a cold or flu! I think the same thing happed to SearchingSoul when she started her quit. She made it through it and you will too.

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Mothers tend to be blamed for a lot in society = lame.

I don't know if you have a diagnosis of ADHD/ADD or if you even believe that it is a real disorder, but your post reminded me of a great book by Sari Solden about women with ADHD/ADD.

It talks about how (some) men with (and without) ADHD/ADD have wives, secretaries, assistants to help them stay organized vs. how women often have to do everything (and I mean everything) ourselves. Also, how men are allowed/encouraged to "narrow their focus/interests", vs where as women we sometimes have (and even our encouraged) to have more diffuse interests.

It's a great read if you believe that ADHD/ADD are real conditions.

Glad you are feeling better! :)

I'll check it out! Thanks.

I do have a diagnosis but, meh... Idk if I buy it. If anyone on planet earth has ADHD, it's my oldest son, and I refuse to medicate him. Dietary and natural methods are the only things I believe are best for him. Why I took the medicated route- because I'm an addict and it was too perfect to have a legal, socially acceptable reason for me to eat speed all day. But not for my boy. I'm just not sure if ADHD is a disorder or another label/problem to make us question ourselves, our passion, our voice, to fill us even more with self doubt....the government, big pharma.... Here comes my paranoia! Lol! Run!!!

• Like 1