QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I relapsed due to depression. Luckily I figured out what was wrong. It wasn't withdrawal. Important read.

zhenka11230

My depression/anxiety got really bad after being better for a while.  After 7 month of no Amps I realized it wasn't withdrawal.  In fact nothing made sense anymore.  I had to start from scratch.

I took amps to clear my head.  It worked a little to stabilize me.  

I then decided to empty out all the assumptions and start research in another direction.  I soon hit a gem:  http://george-eby-research.com/html/depression-anxiety.html

The guy cured his anxiety with 600-800 mg magnesium daily.  Day three of doing the same my anxiety/depression was gone.  I still feel a little off but that's probably real withdrawals now b/c I started/stopped amps again.

Here is the kicker, Amps deplete magnesium.  I think I know whats going on now.  Two years ago I developed anxiety due to magnesium depletion which progressively got worse and that's when I started taking Amps.  Amps cured me for a while and ultimately caused an even bigger depletion resulting in cognitive problems/numbness/suicidal depression.

Magnesium stopped my emotional problems/sleep/heart problems almost the same day.  Guys it is entirely possible I am not the only one here with that problem.  Neurological problems are heavily correlated with low Magnesium (including ADHD).

Now here is a subtlety that kept me from figuring it out sooner.  I did take magnesium supplement a few times but I only took 100-200 mg a day.  It was only after I took 600+ that I noticed problems resolving.

• Like 2

Other clues that leads to magnesium deficiency:

1. I ate a lot of cheese daily since being a kid.  Calcium interferes with magnesium absorption.  Not eating milk products correlated with feeling better for me but I attributed it to placebo since I couldn't figure out why.

2. Didn't eat any magnesium rich foods.

3. Smoking/caffeine/amps/stress quickly deplete it.

4. I had a few occurrences of restless legs/muscle twitches/muscle cramps/high blood pressure/tachycardia/insomnia/night waking with sugar cravings.  All of these are associated with magnesium deficiency.  

5.  My anxiety/depression followed a stressful situation but otherwise was sudden and inexplicable by life situation alone.  I knew something was physically wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...