QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Let the Music save my life

ItsEasyRight?

Thanks for sharing your story. Elton John was a cocaine addict for many years, and I was told he was afraid to quit because he didn't know if he could perform without it. My counselor told me that story. I saw his concert within the past couple of years, and the man rocked it out for 3.5 hours straight. They say he's better than ever now.

I understand your fear of losing your passion. There's a chance it could happen, but I would guess it would only be temporary since you have such a love of music. Adderall gives us false confidence, so quitting does entail learning how to be confident in our own skin all over again. I used then abused adderall for 7 years. I had no passion for anything for at least a year. Twenty one months off of adderall and, it's starting to come back. Everybody is different, but for the most part, many of us suffered from anhedonia and loss of interest in most things for a period of time after quitting. (Not to speak for anyone else, just from the posts and discussions we've had on here). The good news: the REAL, authentic, genuine YOU will come back and there's a lot of peace in that. While relearning how to live life without being amped up on adderall is difficult, the journey is worth it! You can do this, and you will be a better you because of it!

• Like 2

FemaleJohnnyCash,

You know the real Johnny Cash story, right? He had to quit the junk to save his life, not just his career.

One thing I have learned here is that our passions slip away from us like ghosts in the night and we never see them leaving. One day we look at our instruments, paint brushes and blank canvases or cameras and think, "What happened to my passion for the thing I loved most?"

The longer you stay on speed, the more your passion fades. The drug is a fake out. It shows you more interest and creativity in the beginning before robbing you of the very things it gave you. This fake out involves more than your passions. It's about your energy, the things you pay attention to, the reasons you do the things you do and your willpower to change your life.

Go down the path that YOU choose, not the path that the drug chooses for you.

I'm sorry for making you a look at this hard reality, but at the end of the day, you are the only person who can come to these realizations. You have to want to get back to your true self more than anything else in the world.

I kind of hope your audition doesn't work out for you (in a nice way) so you can look at what your life might look like sober. Given time to heal and abundant self-nurturing and love, you really could become the next female Johnny Cash.

• Like 2