QuittingAdderall.com Forums

first weekend of lowering my dosage

cddonewithadderall

I was on Adderall for 5 and then Vyvanse the last 2 years and I went cold turkey the Saturday before New Years of this year. Different ways of quitting works better for different people. Your doing great so far so hang in there and keep going!

I never thought I could quit, I was too scared or weak too and kept making excuses but look at me now. I know I'm not even at 1 month and still have a long journey ahead of me but it's been a hell of a ride so far and I'm on a path to become the best possible me I can be. Even better than before the drugs. It's been hard but it's so worth it. I feel like a real human again. I feel genuine and organic and not like a crazy, speed out robot with life blasting by in a blink of a eye. I'm excited for life and to be living. While on speed, I felt like I wasn't in control of my life or my feelings and I was always more on edge. Now I'm more calm and relaxed. You will have good days and bad days but overall your quality of life will be and get better. And the longer your clean, the stronger and better you start feeling along the way! If we can do it, you can do it and we're always here for you for support.

• Like 3

DWA - I wouldn't call it extreme.  I quit cold turkey and then tried tapering because I thought it would be easier.  Realistically, you are just prolonging the unpleasantness.  You will take a year or two to heal regardless of how you quit.  Be patient with it and you will achieve your goals.

• Like 2