QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Progress & The Shortness of Life

BeHereNow

What a hopeful post.

Fear can take so many forms. I can identify with the fear of not being good enough. The impulse to act on feelings of inadequacy is a big theme of my step work (and, just as often, to NOT act due to those feelings). Fear is insidious.

In recovery, we have two choices:

F*ck Everything And Run

or

Face Everything And Recover

Eventually, fear turns into hope, and hope turns into faith. 

;)

• Like 3

Occasional,

That was such a beautiful post, I loved reading every minute of it. Thank you so much for sharing everything with us.

First off, I wanted to say congratulations on 16 months clean, that is amazing and a huge accomplishment and milestone. I dream about the day I hit that mark on my calendar. We are so proud of you! That is amazing to hear your doing/feeling so much better (even better than before starting Adderall) and you have your energy back, more than you know what to do with ;)

It's really great to hear you've been working on improving your life and benefiting from the changes you've been making. I am always trying to improve my lifestyle and myself, so it's wonderful to hear what's working for others. I'm happy you've been conquering some of your fears as well. Hell to the yes!

You are so right; life is too damn short. That is for sure.

We need to stop wasting time and start spending it with the people we love the most and telling them how we truly feel!

I love the part you said:

"Then I spent my evening with my partner and being in love.  On adderall I was never capable of the depth of love that I feel now for this person, that I feel for my own self and my loved ones.  It's part of my re-growing intelligence and it's part of how I understand the world better, because I have so much more love in my heart now.  Adderall took that capacity from me, but now it's back."

That is really beautiful, wonderful, smart, strong, romantic and TRUE and just totally made me smile. I can completely relate and it's a remarkable feeling. That/it alone makes me never want to take or touch Adderall again. Ever.

Thanks for this inspiring post and being an inspiration on this site and in life!

• Like 1