QuittingAdderall.com Forums

comfortably numb

I feel comfortably numb inside just like the Pink Floyd song lyrics.  I feel myself losing interest in everything without the adderall.  Things that use to be important are no longer.  Things that use to be FUN  have become a challenging task.  From the min I wake up all I can think about is when I'll be able to get back in bed and sleep again. I feel like I don't even have the energy to play with my daughther any more.  I feel dead inside.  Please help!!!!!!!!!   

FOR MY DAUGHTER

Hang in there. Adderall elevated your mood even though it was destroying u. Try not to overanalyze your life right now because everything is going to seem horrible in this state of mood. You're in withdrawal! Just the opposite of how everything felt great when u were in a positive mood, the most important thing is that u give yourself the time you need to heal and gain as much distance away from it as you can so your life can move on in a healthy unaddictive way. Keep it up. Before long u will have months of clean time and so much more freedom from those pils.

• 4 weeks later...

Just keep in mind that you have already done the best thing that you could do for yourself and your daughter...given yourself the freedom to be YOURSELF. This deppression will not last forever and is a natural reaction to quitting adderall. You will get through this and you will be a better, stronger person because of it. You will feel more confident in who you are and you will be able to pass that strength, confidence, and wisdom onto your daughter.

I personally did almost nothing but sleep for about a week after quitting. I had no interest in anything. I'm about a month or so clean now and I'm feeling the real me come back. Everyone is different. Just have faith and give yourself time.