QuittingAdderall.com Forums

fifth attempt and want this to be the last attempt

rastacath07

Ok, so ive been on again off again with adderall for the past 8 years. Im so ready to quit, it's not even funny. I have been off adderall for the past three days because I ran out. BUT I went to the doctor today and got a script for 60 10mg pills and my doctor wants me to wean and be completely off of them in the next three months. Thing is, I had a five mg pill yesterday and was very optimistic and excited about telling my doctor about stepping down. I dont really understand why he gave me more than he did last appointment. Especially since I told him I want to get off... Anyways, on my way home, I opened the bag, took out the bottle and immediately popped 15mgs. Im so frustrated because I stepped back up. I am 32 years old and have two girls, one and three. My husband and I are in the process of starting our own business so he's gone a lot and im all alone with my girls all day. We live with his parents for now and I hate it. You know, not having our own place, trying to raise my girls in someone elses house... Anyways, I quess I just need some advice on how to maks the step down method work. Its really hard because I literally can not function without adderall and my husband gone all the time. I should probably add that I havd bipolar disorder and ptsd, so adderall is making everything worse. Sorry if this post is all over the place.

• Like 1

Hi RastaCath,

Welcome to the forums!  To be perfectly honest, it sounds like the step-down method might not be for you.  It seems to work for some, but a lot of adderallics need to quit cold-turkey.  It takes so much self-discipline to do the step-down method, and many people can't resist the temptation.  For me, it was all or nothing so I chose nothing.   I'd suggest, if you REALLY want to quit once and for all, get rid of those pills, cut off your dr and any other sources, and give yourself some time to recover.  There's lots of useful information on here, so I'd also recommend staying close to the forums and reading some of the articles on this website.

You CAN beat this.... but you have to really and truly want it!  

• Like 4