QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Has this happened to anyone else?

subtractadderall

This is my first post on this forum. I have been taking 15-30mg of Adderall pretty much every day for the past 4 years. Today marks my 7th day without the drug, as I've decided to quit cold turkey. I feel like I've completely lost myself. On the drug, I feel crushing anxiety (both social and general), as well as a generally negative outlook on everything. I've felt as if I couldn't control my thoughts or even my facial expressions. I made the decision to quit because I wanted to be myself again, even if that meant sacrificing my productivity. Has anyone else felt the soul-crushing effects of which I speak? As of now, I'm so tired I can barely get out of bed in the mornings, but I feel happier and more hopeful.

• Like 1

I do feel a lot of crushing anxiety on adderall! and i definitely had that feeling where something besides free will is controlling my facial expressions. Sometimes I felt like my thoughts were running away from me, and that's when my chest would knot up with this anxiety that if I didn't figure out how to catch them and write them down ASAP, i would basically fail at life.

as someone preparing to quit, it's nice to hear that you're feeling happier and more hopeful! 

I was on just about the same level of Adderall as you for two years.  While I did not feel anxiety, I did start to feel that I was becoming more easily angry.  I am sure the drug impacts everyone different.  I have been off for 5 months now and I am starting to feel a whole lot better (but some fatigue still exists).  For me, the really hard fatigue lasted about a month (where I would want to sleep all day) - after that, I did not want to sleep but I also did not want to do anything else (almost no motivation).  I looked at (and continue to view everyday as a challenge).   My family and friends are very supportive and that helps.  One thing I know for sure, I would never go back to that Adderall hell again.  Keep up the good fight, cut yourself a lot of slack and be as honest with those around you as you can.  As each day passes, you will feel that much better.  I just wish I could speed up the calendar for you!  Keep the faith!

• Like 1

7 monhts clean and I am finding that I am really not motivated to do anything unless it is really important.  Is this how everyone else lives when they are not on adderall?   

No, your natural motivation returns but it takes time. 7 months is still really early.