QuittingAdderall.com Forums

taking control of my loved ones.

verolinia123

A family member of mines has been dealing with so much stuff in her life that she has now been taking Adderall . and its making her feel depressed and sleeping more and i feel like she may be addicted to them ... she is never around and she is not the same person anymore as she was before.. anyone else is going through it?

I have a family member who takes it.  He has not been the same person since he started and he is definitely addicted.   I am so sorry to hear you're going through this.  With addiction, you can't stop them.  They have to figure it out for themselves.  They have to want to stop.  Unfortunately sometimes that means hitting rock bottom..... I am waiting for my family member to hit rock bottom but he just keeps sinking lower......  You're not alone.  It's so hard to watch.  I hope for the best for you and your family.

• Like 1

I am going thru the same problem with my wife, we are 6 months into a divorce over this and I found out last thanksgiving she is addicted to Adderall and apparently has been for years. Absolutely heartbreaking because it is definitely over and we are madly in love… I lost my family to this dam drug!

I wanted to post something for help on here but I’ve never taken Adderall or pills and didn’t think it was my place on this site but it is nice to know I am not alone as a spouse or related caring family member. I’ve been wanting to ask a few questions to people who were or are addicted on here if they think my spouse is addicted but I now know she is 100%.  Don’t mean to hijack your thread at all.  Not much on here for spouses.

Our horrible story

We are both in love but the arguing, disrespect and lies has just been way too much to handle for me over the last few years.  We have three little girls and a beautiful life, home, jobs, goto church etc…and she is willing to throw it away because she cannot stop and I see no future with someone that won’t admit an addiction and even try to help themselves and her family.  I have caught her over the years 3 other times with pills, Adderall, Xanax, hydrocodone’s, codeine etc...  She was never diagnosed ADD and I know her girlfriends and her use to take Adderall for recreation once in a while, she always said she didn’t know why she takes pills and that she doesn’t need them and she would quit.  I always told her it was me and the girls or the pills and she always said she would quit and I believed her but the insurance printouts show she never did. She did quit Adderall twice before for a few weeks so I think she wants off it but she cant. She now says she doesn’t have a problem but she has every dam sign of it.   She said I am a control freak and it’s her body and she is taking her “MEDICATION†so I am letting her be and just moving on.  It sucks!!! I called her doctor and he said she told him she was diagnosed as a little girl which is all BS.  He still prescribes to her even now.

I finally looked at Insurance records and we subpoenaed all her pharmacies and found she has had 22 doctors and dentists and 13 pharmacies since 2008.  We have live 1 mile from a pharmacy for the last ten years and she said she changed for convenience---ya right!!! She lies, lies and lies… She has gone to multiple pharmacies in the same day and 3 diff ones within a week.

This site has been more than a blessing, I have read almost every story on here and it has opened my eyes and heart and mind.  THANK YOU MIKE FOR CREATING THIS!!! 

I believe my wife is going thru amphetamine psychosis.  You can see her dosages increasing over time. She went from 30 pills of 10 mg /month for 8 months then to 60 pills of 20 mg every two months then that amount every 3 weeks.  She is now prescribed 60 pills/month of .25 xanax a night for sleeping and anxiety (she says bc of me and the divorce).  Before we split she would clean all day, stay at her hair salon “cleaning†until 11 or 12 at night.  She would not pay me or my daughters much attention and be gone to Zumba early in the mornings and basically became a careless soul of a person. Every time I tried talking to her about our problems she called me a control freak.  She doesn’t show up for any school events for our 9 year old either.  I think the real moms scare her.  Breaks my heart because she was a good mom even though she used codeine, hydrocondone thru the twin’s pregnancy and then amphetamines while breast feeding.   

I don’t know how I didn’t see the signs??? It pisses me off…. I always thought she was “SPUNKY†and outgoing, everyone now tells me they all thought she was doing cocaine or pills. Guess im just a dumbass. She seemed to be in a good mood all the time, each night and no signs of crashing but she drank wine and a shot or two of booze every night???? 

She now shows amazing signs of Anxiety, bi polar mood swings, very skinny, she now has facial skin issues, she wants everyone to know she’s doing great without me on fakebook but she is almost bankrupt and soon will be homeless but that doesn’t matter to her.  She  doesn’t show much care or loving emotion anymore or interest in being with the family.  She spends money and ran up debt and wants to always goto Zumba, salsa dancing or wine tasting events but says she loves me and doesn’t want a divorce or break up the family? Just selfish and greedy and using me I guess!!!!

I was going to goto Al anon for support but I don’t care much anyhow b/c of the evil things she has done and I know her long road ahead will just crumble even if I am there for her and she wants to quit.  I’ve learned my Adderall addict will not quit for love or her kids so Im taking every sites advice and taking care of me and my little girls and just moving on and never looking back.  Her family is a bunch of pill heads and they won’t listen, her sister lost her 4 beautiful kids to pills as well and why I was against them from day one… Sorry to vent so much!  I just hate this drug and all pills!  Be nice to talk to someone or if anyone has websites for spouses on Adderall I would love to find one… thanks!!!!