QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hair re-growth question

survived

Hi all! It's been a minute, I hope you're all doing well!

I hit 2 years off of Adderall about a couple months ago. (Really proud moment :) But I'm still dealing with some health issues it left behind, skin and hair issues are the most noticeable.

So its been 2 years already and my hair hasn't fully grown back around my temporal lobe area. There is hair in the area but it's thin and hasn't fully "filled out". I'm starting to get a little freaked out, could Adderall cause alopecia? Has everyone gotten their hair back after quitting and how long did it take?

I also think Adderall caused me to have a Candida overgrowth in my gut and it has affected my entire skin. I am currently battling that as well and its been a pain in my butt.

• Like 2

Hey, great to see you around here again. I wish I had some answers about the hair loss, but maybe, as Frank said, it's natural thinning?

Anyways, aside from that, it'd be great for an overall update. I remember reading your 9 month and 15 month updates, so I hope you have progressed even more. :)

• Like 1

Hello survived it's so awesome to see your success story! I feel like I'm barely holding on but seeing some of your previous posts is giving me some much needed life. Sorry to just crash in here. I'm still clawing towards my 6 month off date, a couple more weeks. Could you PLEASE share with me anything about how you feel your Klonopin use has impacted your recovery!! I used Klonopin (1.5 mg) with adderall (60 mg xr) for close to 8 years... And just adderall (30mg xr) for 7 years previous to the good doctors combo. Holy hell just typing that makes me want to drift off into hoplessness land. I quit the Klonopin 3 months before the adderall, so almost 9 months off that. Up until a few weeks ago I thought I had turned a corner. But it's like someone hit the re-set button. Most recently I added insomnia to the mix. Wake up in a panic... dead tired but can't sleep. Now I'm just completely babbling😞 In the end I guess it doesn't really matter what withdrawl symptom is caused by what drug (the adderall or Klonopin) but trying to come up with coping methods to fight back so any information I would be forever grateful for.

• Like 1

Well it's definately not natural thinning. I'm a woman with really thick hair and I didn't start losing the hair in that area until I started Adderall. My hair grew back out everywhere else but on that one spot and thinning hair also does not run in my family at all. I'm also too young to have thinning hair anyway.

It took 4 years to lose hair in that area. Maybe it will take another 4 to grow it back? I guess I'll update on this once it does. I have considered multivitamins but my central nervous system is sensitive right now due to quitting a benzodiazepine as well.

The skin issues are also really frustrating because I had great skin before Adderall. For anyone that loves their skin and hair, I recommend you get off these pills asap before more damage is done.

Mentally, I am doing great. I have symptoms lingering from Benzo's but not the Adderall. I think I'm pretty healed from the Adderall. It really did get easier once I passed those 12 months. Then life started speeding by and you suddenly have two years down. :smile:

• Like 1

@William;

You really have no idea how excited I was to read someone else that had also been on Klonopin! I will be writing you a proper response soon, or do you prefer I private message you? I'd be happy to answer all your questions. My life the past two years has made up of withdrawing from both so I have lots of info I learned along the way.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for responding!! I'm completely overwhelmed with gratefulness, this benzo/addy withdrawl has taken all I've got to survive. To know that you got through it is an absolute life-saver. A private message would be great. I know what you mean about central nervous system sensitivity...! It seems even supplements I take to ease my symptoms mess with my head. I'm hoping that I get some relief in the next month or so. Thank you so much for your willingness to share your story with me. I can't possibly explain how grateful I am.

• 2 weeks later...