QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quit but still have a bottle that cant seem to throw away

Bubbagump99

Thats your addiction talking need to ask yourself who is control? Sounds like your addiction is to me. Screw your addiction get mad at it look at what it brings with it, your addiction is your enemy not your friend. Your strong enough to beat that little voice in your head telling you keep that bottle , telling you take a few to help lose weight. If you do not know I was addicted to adderall plus OxyContin. Today near my year anniversary of stopping both I had one of my biggest challenges. I don't want to go into details but I had a big bottle of oxy in front of my face in fact had to move it to complete my work no one would have known but me if I helped myself to one. Thought to myself "I could just take one today and be ok right won't get addicted?" But the rational side took over I knew that I would feel like crap soon as I took it. As it was wearing off I would be mad at myself that I gave up a year for a buzz. I would say fuck it and seek more Oxy then I would probbably try to get back on addy again and start the path to hell all over one pill. Get that temptation out of your life toss that shit in the toilet today! If you keep it around it will win in the end guaranteed.

• Like 2

Hell yeah what Frank said!

If you are being tricked you need it really quick to lose weight, remember that it is not a permanent solution to weight loss.  It's only a temporary quick fix and if you go back to it again, you'll re-enter the adderall trap.  Outside of the trap you are free to figure out permanent solutions to any of the issues being dependent on this drug will fix temporarily.  

You've made it all the way to the end of your taper!! Congratulations!!

• Like 1

Get rid of those pills immediately! There is no such thing as taking a few to _____. That is the drug lying to you. Trust me, I remember when I went through hell because I relapsed about 7 months ago, I remember telling myself, "I'll just take a few so I can nail this new job" and 2 months later I was in the hospital for Adderall induced psychosis. Fuck Adderall! 

It's not worth it, you know that, hang in there. We are all in this shit together.

It took me a while to throw the pills away too. I don't know why it was so hard. It felt SO good when I finally did get rid of them though. It's the last step you need to take. You gotta do it! Get rid of them now. You don't want to risk a slip up on a bad day. It's so not worth it after how far you have come!

• 2 weeks later...