QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall sent me to a mental ward

Beenthere

Welcome, Beenthere, and thanks for posting today.  My jaw dropped when I read how low your dosage was and yet it still sent you to a psyche ward.  I always thought that going psychotic came as a result of dosages exceeding 100 mg per day.  I am so glad you have quit and are doing well in recovery.  7 weeks is still very early in your recovery and it takes most of us well over a year to get back to "normal", whatever that is.  I wish you good luck and success with your recovery, and thanks for sharing your story.  

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing! I too ended up in the psych ward. In the end I was taking 100+ mgs. I had a full on psychotic break...5150...the works. The anti-psychotics helped me so much, and I went off them a month ago. I am on Wellbutrin now. The jury is still out on what I will take for my ADHD. 

Like you, I also was a devoted athlete. I was an avid high altitude mountaineer, climbing to Mt. Everest Basecamp and the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro. I did so much great stuff before going on this stuff.

Congratulations on 7 weeks! I am at 51 days today. I still get big time cravings...this stuff is crazy. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you all. Its been 90 days now.  Doing well. Only missed it once and that was on vacation.  Probably as it was my first vacation without adderall in 11 years.  Sun sand kids not a good combo....but I made it through.  I really dont miss it as I know it brought voices and a mental ward...so alipping up does not sound like a fun option.  I did make it 6 weeks off my antiphychotic....wanted to get off due to how those affect your metabolism.  Voices came back with a vengence.  Strangly enough its the neighbors voices I hear in my head.  Judging me, picking on me, and bothering me.  Not sure if adderall caused my brain to break or if it woupd have happened anyway.  So back on antiphychotic.  A lower dose, but still a little bummed going off did not work.  Im 20Lbs or so heavier and that is hard to choke down.  None of my clothes fit....had to go out and buy all new clothes.  Hoping I can lose some by starting a low carb diet.  Oyherwise Im happy and feel God led me here.  I am free from addiction now and theres a whole lot to be said for that.

Luv to all.  I can finally say I sinned but I beat it in heaven.  Im looking forward to that moment.....it could have been different.

• Like 1