QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My Best Shot at an Honest Life

addforone

I feel as though this post deserves a reply I am not capable of giving at the moment, but for now I'll say this: This is the most beautifully written, soul-touching mini-memoir I've ever read on this site. You are an extraordinarily talented writer. Your words give me so much clear insight as to your spiritual condition and my heart breaks for you. You can absolutely do this. Please stick around and let us be a part of your journey. I'll write more to you when I can do your feelings justice! Be well, friend.

• Like 4

Your story is truly touching and you have seen how bad things can be.  You can visualize how much worse they can get.  Please make this sits your new addiction.  Everyone here is amazing and will be there through the good times and bad of recovery.  I will tell you that there is a beautiful life in freedom from this demon.  Please don't stop coming back here.  Visit every time you think about relapsing again.  Post the blunt truth and it will help you heal.  Best wishes in your journey.  Thank you for your transparency in sharing your story.  You can do this!

• Like 4

First off, I would also like to compliment you on your ability to convey your thoughts and feelings through writing. Your writing style is very eloquent and powerfully captures the various moods and emotions you've been experiencing throughout this journey. Like many mini-memoirs (as Cheeri0 cleverly put it) on this site, I can profoundly relate to a lot of what you're saying. 

I read the entirety of your post last night (very late last night... with a couple of drinks in me) and missed where you might've stated this, but were you on Adderall when you wrote this? I ask because, through personal experience and speaking to others who are on Adderall, there tends to be certain shared characteristics with someone's.. let's call it delivery of information, when they're peaking on Adderall. This includes a certain extensiveness when conveying information and a stream of consciousness quality to their writing/speaking, which I picked up a lot on in your post. 

Let me ask, are you hesitating quitting Adderall because you're afraid you will lose your ability to think like you do when you're on it? If not, what's keeping you coming back to it? From what I remember reading last night, your post creates a perfect picture of a steady descent in your quality of life after you starting using (abusing) Adderall. You have a beautiful mind, I can tell with how you articulate yourself and the fact that you're a neuroscientist, but I'm still struggling to gauge why this is even a decision. Relative to your potential, you're in a low place right now, which sounds like an inherent bad thing but this is exactly the catalyst needed for change. There's no better time in your life to quit than now. I quit in the middle of physical therapy school because I just couldn't stand the person I became (socially withdrawn, uncaring, cold, callous, anxious and a whole bunch of other adjectives to describe someone who is just plain miserable and miserable to be around), and I have not one moments regret about my decision. What Greg said above is absolutely on the money. On Adderall, I was accomplishing a bunch of things.. in my own deluded reality. Objectively, my life was in free fall and was ready to lose everything (my relationship, my close friends.. even my future career as I started having panic attacks during social interactions). 

Do it. Quit now and post your progression on this site. We've been where you're at, trust me. It will be the single best decision you've ever made in your life. 

Wow that was a powerful story and understand you completely. If you get really bored look up some of my post from the last 19 months. I was posting a ton it was truely the hardest thing I ever did think I posted more than anybody on here the last year plus. Some on here claim postive thinking and you can be just fine in little as a month and can be true for them , most of us however really did not start to feel a real postive change until a year and a couple months. Just pretend your going to serve a year plus long sentence for your crime against yourself. It's going to suck no doubt you'll need to push yourself everyday but at the end you will come out better. I guess me being self employed I was very lucky but still had bills to pay kids to take care of and I made it somehow yes collected some cc debt in fact over $20,000 but right now it's all paid off and things keep getting better. I'm actually more focused on work to make profit before I just busted my ass to bust my ass not really considering if the work I was doing would actually make a profit. I still enjoy working hard but also enjoy time off and like to have money to do so before I just wanted a huge project to take on just to show how awesome I was and not to get money. Having a bad year financially is totally worth full recovery from this drug. Hell when I was on them I missed more good paying jobs because I never slept knew I was in no condition to leave my work shop so just kept popping pills working on shit that never paid. 

• Like 2

I think your writing ability really paints a picture even non adderal addicts would grasp. If you don't mind I'd like to share this. Sort of as warning to parents who agree to get kids started on this stuff. I know your anonymous on here but still feel the need to ask encase you run across your words somewhere else. 

Hi Frank, I am so flattered and humbled, and appreciate you asking me first - I know we're anonymous on here, but I don't feel comfortable with your sharing my writing indiscriminately or at least without further discussion on the details. I likewise want to educate parents on medicating their children - I feel powerfully on the topic, as I'm sure you know! Might we discuss further? -YT

(Sorry, I inadvertently sent that formerly from my old account.)

On 7/25/2017 at 11:59 PM, addforone said:

Hi Frank, I am so flattered and humbled, and appreciate you asking me first - I know we're anonymous on here, but I don't feel comfortable with your sharing my writing indiscriminately or at least without further discussion on the details. I likewise want to educate parents on medicating their children - I feel powerfully on the topic, as I'm sure you know! Might we discuss further? -YT

(Sorry, I inadvertently sent that formerly from my old account.)

Hey no problem I understand. Your accomplishments on adderall are most parents dreams and why so many start or continue letting their kids take this drug. However the downfall outweighs the perks as you clearly describe. Beleive if more people really knew the ticking time bomb adderall is they would be less likely to give in. Just private message me if you'd like.