QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quick 17month update

I think I am around 17 months. I have noticed a few changes I thought I would share. I am now able to watch and follow the plot on tv shows. I am not as timid and unsure of my actions. My ability to tell between right and wrong is becoming more clear. I have been drinking a lot of sparkling water in cans and have to crush them to save space in recycling. The act of crushing the can with my foot somehow is helping my confidence. Don't ask me how or why. I still have days of moodiness and what feels like being completely depleted, like after having the flu or a hangover, but my ability to pay attention and use reasoning are improving. I'm thinking with more depth and clarity, but still have issues with confusion, grammar, confidence, and mood. 

I have brain damage, so I might not be the same as everyone else. 

• Like 4

Hey this is exactly how I felt recovering. It was a lot of confidence rebuilding even the most mundane stuff I needed to regain confidence to  do those things again....everytime I did something without the drug (that I normally relied on adderall to do , which was pretty much everything) I regained some more confidence. Eventually got to the point where I didn't think about the pills when I was doing those things. It definitely took time though to get to that point. 

keep up the great work!

• Like 2

Yes it keeps getting better that second year doesn't it? I maybe have a few loose screws but no proven brain damage regardless noticed last couple of weeks a big improvement in conversations not doubting myself all the time and more confidence. Keep it going and good job! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have traumatic brain injury from an auto accident, and post traumatic temporal lobe epilepsy. I think PAWS makes me worry that the symptoms I am experiencing from PAWS are going to be lifelong issues. It really helps me to have all of you talking about your symptoms. I was hoping the 1 year mark would resolve everything.. Now I am hoping the 2 yr mark will. Keep us updated opn how you are doing!