QuittingAdderall.com Forums

No Energy for Going Out

Tarrahrahh

I've been off adderall for almost three weeks now. I can get through the work day just fine, but I no longer have the energy to go out with my friends. My friends think that I "fell off of the map" but really I just "got off of the addies". On Adderall, I was ALWAYS down to go get a drink after work. I was ALWAYS up and ready to go bar hopping every weekend. I would just pop an adderall and off I go! Now, I only want to go out maybe once a week (and I usually don't feel like it). Does anyone else struggle with this? Will I want to go out again or did I never really want to go out in the first place?

I struggle with my sociability too, and I'm three months off Adderall. It's almost like I don't quite have the energy yet to work and go out, and since I need my job I'm going to prioritize that one. I used to go bar hopping every weekend on the pills too. And boy, did I love to drink on Adderall! I could down beer after beer and never have the slighest hangover the next day. Off the pills I'm not a big drinker at all. Alcohol just makes me too tired without the stimulant-combo effect. I have no desire to go to bars or clubs anymore. But I also figure that I partied a hell of a lot in my 20s (I'm 31 now), so I'm not mourning that lifestyle too terribly. I've just moved on and grown up, I guess.

If you were a social butterfly and/or partier before the Adderall, I'm sure you will be again. It's just a matter of time. I'm more of an introvert, so I know the Adderall brought out the hardcore partying-drinking side of me. My advice to you is to tell your drinking buddies that you just quit Adderall and that you'll be really tired for a while. If you don't want to mention Adderall specifically, just tell them you're stopping a medication and as a side effect you'll be tired and won't feel like going out for a while. This way you won't feel any pressure and they won't bug you about being a homebody for a while. Trust me, your friends will be there when you feel like going out again, especially if drinking was your primary activity.

For me the alcohol desire and socializing post-adderall are just the opposite from you two gals. Adderall made me reject alcohol and I essentially quit drinking during my last five years on the drug. Beer tasted awful and the hangovers were unbearable. In fact, only a couple of beers along with adderall made me feel really really bad the next day, and I got sooo spacy when drinking on adderall that I was always loosing my drinks (and everything else). I have had a much stronger desire to socialize and hang out with people after getting over the initial low-energy phase of my recovery. And while beer tastes better than it did when I was taking adderall, I never have regained my desire to have more than a beer or a drink once and a while and I really don't like getting drunk at all, even when others are partying. However, I still love to twist one up or have a bong hit now and then.

I've been off adderall for almost three weeks now. I can get through the work day just fine, but I no longer have the energy to go out with my friends. My friends think that I "fell off of the map" but really I just "got off of the addies". On Adderall, I was ALWAYS down to go get a drink after work. I was ALWAYS up and ready to go bar hopping every weekend. I would just pop an adderall and off I go! Now, I only want to go out maybe once a week (and I usually don't feel like it). Does anyone else struggle with this? Will I want to go out again or did I never really want to go out in the first place?

I could have written this myself. Been 3 weeks for me and I've been flaking out on my friends left and right. I just don't feel like going out. I do know that before Adderall I loved to go out, so I keep telling myself it will get better, I'll get back. When I do go out, it's because I've forced myself and I have an ok time, but leave early.

I really hope it gets better. I'm sure it will, I just hope that it is SOONER rather than later.

Hey! I feel you on that. Honestly, I stopped going out a long time ago, at first it was so fun to sociolize while on Adderall, but the I got too paranoid to even really be with people, they made me nervous. So I stayed home,and cleaned or whatever...

But once I quite addies for a while, I was normal again,yet the desire to go out didn't really return, I am always tired, so I just stay home and I picked up a habbit of drinking beer alone, at home. So sad.

Good luck with your dilemma though, I hope you get thru it. I think maybe it just takes a long time, for the desire to go out and do stuff to return.

xoxo

Anna