QuittingAdderall.com Forums

2 years clean after 11 years of use!!

Andyd2

Hey all,

I’m officially 2 years clean after 11 years of Adderall use (25 mg XR) and I'm 32 years old. This community has been a true gift and I’m so grateful for everyone here. I’m feeling like myself, random bursts of goofy energy is back, and my motivation has mostly returned. The biggest issue I’m still having is that I’m still insulin resistant and have a lot of trouble losing weight. Sugar sets off instant bloating and makes it really hard to get back to a healthy weight. Sticking to a keto diet is helpful but it’s tough to do for so long when the results aren’t what you expect. If anyone has any suggestions on resetting your metabolism or pancreas or weight loss - I would love any input. To everyone new on the journey, the first year is BRUTAL, but then every month life gets more colorful again. You got this and don’t compare your “performance” on adderall to everyday life. It was an artificial and unnatural, comparing yourself will drive you crazy.

Love,

Andy

• Like 4

On 2/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, Andyd2 said:

You got this and don’t compare your “performance” on adderall to everyday life. It was an artificial and unnatural, comparing yourself will drive you crazy.

totally this^! another thing along the same lines - consider quitting social media for a while. everyone posts the best versions of themselves and when you're feeling really shitty about yourself, it can easily lead you to a spiral of comparison and shame.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, Andyd2 said:

The biggest issue I’m still having is that I’m still insulin resistant and have a lot of trouble losing weight. Sugar sets off instant bloating and makes it really hard to get back to a healthy weight. Sticking to a keto diet is helpful but it’s tough to do for so long when the results aren’t what you expect. If anyone has any suggestions on resetting your metabolism or pancreas or weight loss - I would love any input.

curious whether you had the insulin resistance tested and diagnosed? I had the same suspicions for some time, also some related diabetic symptoms like swelling of hands and feet. I never got tested but I think I'm fine, though I still have a bad GI system and lots of bloating (mainly from spicy foods which I used to be able to eat no problem). I am not sure of the specific metabolic mechanisms at work, but I do believe that years of stimulants will have some lasting impact.

wish I had more concrete advice on this, but I suspect that we simply need to work harder than normal for a while!

• Like 1