QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Remind me that this is normal...

Hi everyone!   I haven't been on here in awhile because my life has been GOOD!!!  I had 4 months off of adderall and things were finally normalizing!  I had energy; I felt like myself; I liked life again!  And then I had a 3 day binge.  And today is day 7 from that.  So, logically, i KNOW that it makes sense that i still feel exhausted, but I keep feeling like I should be over it by now.  Like how the F can three days wreck this much havoc on the body?!  (I know it can, i tell people this all the time, but when it's happening to ME it's different LOL.)  So, just remind me please... this is normal and it will pass.  It will not last forever.  I slept 12+ hours last night and I want to sleep all day.  UGH i hate this!!!  I am SO DONE this time!!!!

• Like 2

Hang in there it took me so many times of wanting to quit and trying to finally be done! I think it takes a toll one your body more and more with each binge especially if you've been clean for a while. Its just like alcohol. if you haven't drank in a while and then you drink your hangover is worse, but then you get over it. You will feel better and be back on track in no time. It will not take from all the work you did before. Each time you will be more ready to quit. 

• Like 2

@DelaneyJuliette my relapses were also binges. in a way, it was better for me because of the resulting "toll" that was paid. I felt like absolute SHIT which gave me enough pause to come to my senses.

19 hours ago, m34 said:

You will feel better and be back on track in no time. It will not take from all the work you did before. Each time you will be more ready to quit. 

^this!!! well said. just get back on the wagon, no matter what. (:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My biggest regret now almost 3 years clean is not quitting sooner. I want the years back. I wasted so much time on the adderall roller coaster filling scripts every month expecting things to be different. It was never different and over time it just got worse.  Cut off your doctor. Thats the most painful part, but it may help you finally quit for good? If youre like me you can't have easy access to a script or you will fill it. Make it very difficult for yourself. If I wanted a script right now I'd have to go through a lot of trouble. Id have to find a new doctor and pay to be retested for ADHD etc. Who knows if I'd even get a new script my old doctor could have in my electronic medical records that I had an issue with adderall.   All this just helps me not have access.  Which keeps me clean. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 2:48 PM, m34 said:

My biggest regret now almost 3 years clean is not quitting sooner. I want the years back. I wasted so much time on the adderall roller coaster filling scripts every month expecting things to be different. It was never different and over time it just got worse.  Cut off your doctor. Thats the most painful part, but it may help you finally quit for good? If youre like me you can't have easy access to a script or you will fill it. Make it very difficult for yourself. If I wanted a script right now I'd have to go through a lot of trouble. Id have to find a new doctor and pay to be retested for ADHD etc. Who knows if I'd even get a new script my old doctor could have in my electronic medical records that I had an issue with adderall.   All this just helps me not have access.  Which keeps me clean. 

So true....I was lucky in that my doctor moved from my hometown thus i had to find a new doctor.....knew this was the perfect opportunity to quit....been clean 18 months.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...