QuittingAdderall.com Forums

New Here!

meganbaker0612

Hi everyone! 

My name is Megan and I am 26 years old. My parents knew at a young age that me and my brother both had ADHD but thankfully did not get us on medication. When i was a junior in college, I was actually tested and then prescribed adderal 10mg, which obviously starting out, 10 mg goes a LONG way. 

fast forward through the years, and it started out with just me needing 10 mg to focus at work and then going to school at night ( i had 12 hour days basically) but once I graduated, I was still  taking it obviously for work but now that i had more free time on my hands, was taking it once i got off work to help " motivate" me to workout, clean, run errands, etc. 

My dosage was upped to 20 mg twice a day, and i can say now that for about a year and a half, i have been taking more then needed. I used to not take it on the weekends, but now i do. I actually ran out of them the other week and for two days, i honestly thought i was dying inside. i was so exhausted.. and then got to thinking, how fake am i ? was i only able to do things with my life because of a freaking pill...? I am 26 years old but i physcially feel like i am 50, even with " working" out everyday... i know it's not real. 

Then about a month ago, i started taking 60 mg a day.. but for some reason, even only taking one Adderall is making me SICK. i have never felt actually sick before on it... and it's like my body is begging me  to stop. 

I am going to be weaning myself back to tens... then back to only during the week... and then nothing. words of encouragement needed! 

Hey girl!

The only thing we really have in common is that we were both diagnosed w ADHD young and that we got started too high (I started right off w 20 mg as a kid, which honestly did make me tired, but then I started abusing to feel something). 

If you feel old now, wait until you whip through 160mg/day for 7 years.. please believe me when I say you have a chance out now. You might feel like shit but please take it. 

I’m v new to this journey, but I need someone who can kinda struggle with me. Maybe we can find something that we can both try together this week? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OnSomething said:

Hey girl!

The only thing we really have in common is that we were both diagnosed w ADHD young and that we got started too high (I started right off w 20 mg as a kid, which honestly did make me tired, but then I started abusing to feel something). 

If you feel old now, wait until you whip through 160mg/day for 7 years.. please believe me when I say you have a chance out now. You might feel like shit but please take it. 

I’m v new to this journey, but I need someone who can kinda struggle with me. Maybe we can find something that we can both try together this week? 

Hi! 

that’s a very good point.. I could NOT imagine taking 160 mg for years… I can Not even begin to comprehend the emotional and physical toll that can take on a body. 

I am more then willing to struggle with you! I took two days off adderall this weekend… didn’t take any Saturday or Sunday and MAN- my headache and fatigue is out of this world. 

One thing that helped me get off meds was finally admitting it was withdrawal symptoms when I ran out or took breaks  -not adhd. Over the yrs I would tell myself I needed to stay on /or get back on meds (after trying to quit) because I was so ADD and the “proof” was how I felt off meds. Once I quit for good and got my diet right it’s just not the case. I was going through withdrawal plain and simple. 

if I have any advice it wouldn’t be quit now . Go through it now while you’re young. Get your life back even if it takes yrs. you will be so much happier on the other end. If I could shake 26 yr old me and say just do it now I would. Easier said than done I know! Try tapering. Some people are successful with that if you look through the stories on here. I was not. I had to quit cold turkey to finally be done 

• Like 1