QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Morning dread and anxiety

DelaneyJuliette

10 hours ago, DelaneyJuliette said:

Ughhhh i am SO anxious for no reason right now (I have anxiety but quitting adderall increases it for awhile) so I often wake up with morning anxiety and a pit of dread in my stomach.  Just sharing bc... sharing makes me feel less alone.

Hey Delaney! Oh my gosh we should exchange numbers or I will just check this every morning. I relate so much.  I feel like I haven’t been able to really get on here because I’ve been taking my medicine.  I wake up crying I have no idea what I’m doing with my life and feel I just want to get ahead before I quit so I can actually have momentum with my career or knowing I can be somewhat confident or something more than crying and tearful constantly.  I am going to come back tonight on my computer and talk with you!!! I am sending love . 

14 hours ago, GeorgiaRigby said:

Hey Delaney! Oh my gosh we should exchange numbers or I will just check this every morning. I relate so much.  I feel like I haven’t been able to really get on here because I’ve been taking my medicine.  I wake up crying I have no idea what I’m doing with my life and feel I just want to get ahead before I quit so I can actually have momentum with my career or knowing I can be somewhat confident or something more than crying and tearful constantly.  I am going to come back tonight on my computer and talk with you!!! I am sending love . 

It feels so good to have connection!  I'm sending you a message on here so check your messages!

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice to know I'm not alone!!  I am on day 21 adderall free so that's a relief!!  But I still wake up at like 5am every morning freaking out.  It's like I am simultaneously afraid of being tired during the day with no way to be untired (adderall) so I feel like I have to go back to sleep but also I feel like I have a million things that need to be done that I should get up and do.  Especially if I'm not going to fall back to sleep. At the same time the thought of getting up brings dread so I lay back down but I can't sleep cuz I think I should be doing things ... and the cycle continues until I actually have to get up.  I HATE feeling this way!