QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Wellbutrin after adderall abuse

nomorespeed

I am 22 years old and I am 2 years clean from adderall abuse, and still have 1 1/2 years of college left to complete and I feel that my brain has recovered a lot. I am pretty depressed though and lack motivation to get through my studies. I got prescribed wellbutrin xl 150mg and was thinking about using for awhile to help me in my situation. I am just worried and don't want to mess my brain up anymore than i already have. But I also really need to get through school so I move forward in my life. Do you think that the wellbutrin will mess up all the recovering my brain has done from being off adderall?

• Like 2

If you search Wellbutrin in the forum you can find some people who got on and off it just fine. I personally didn’t get on it after I quit so I’m not sure. I’ve read it can help people. It’s no where near as addictive as adderall, and easier get off med. congrats on quitting so young. I know it’s tough but if you stick this out you will be so much happier in the long run. Even if you ultimately take a break from school (which you probably won’t need to do)  everything will work out. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Late to the initial post, but since I was prescribed Adderall/Concerta I also was prescribed Wellbutrin XL. To me the effects of Wellbutrin are super subtle, but I still feel better on it, especially being off of ADHD meds for almost a month now. My goal is to wean off Wellbutrin next, but I have to say I'm happy to be on it during this withdrawal process. 

• Like 1

I started taking Wellbutrin around month 18 of recovery. I am now at 3.5 years.I was depressed, and it brought me back to baseline. I also take a natural supplement called DL-Phenylalanine or DLPA from Pure Encapsulations. I order that online. I am so grateful because I feel 100% recovered from long term Adderall use.  My wife has been so happy with it she thinks I should never stop taking it. But I want to wean off of it and see how goes one day soon. 

• Like 3

On 2/10/2023 at 11:40 AM, speedracer said:

I started taking Wellbutrin around month 18 of recovery. I am now at 3.5 years.I was depressed, and it brought me back to baseline. I also take a natural supplement called DL-Phenylalanine or DLPA from Pure Encapsulations. I order that online. I am so grateful because I feel 100% recovered from long term Adderall use.  My wife has been so happy with it she thinks I should never stop taking it. But I want to wean off of it and see how goes one day soon. 

Did you take any other substances during your recovery? Like alcohol