QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hi I've been taking Adderall for the last 7 years and I'm hoping to quit by weaning off it in the next few months. I am currently at 30mg a day. I have tried to quit cold turkey before and had panic attacks so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. Which supplements were the most helpful to you? Any advice is appreciated!

• Like 1

Here is what I remember using and still use occasionally:

Pure Encapsulations Energy Xtra  - for getting through the end of the day 

L-Tyrosine for focus

Daily Multi vitamins

Fish Oil - good for the brain/add

Iron - good for the brain/add but don't take too much or take it everyday as too much is bad for you

Zinc and vitamin d

dopa mucuna - for dopamine and feeling good

ashwaganha can help with stress management and possibly panic attacks.  I believe the Energy Xtra I mentioned has some.

Eating healthy foods and 30 minutes a day of moderate exercise really helps.  Probably more than anything

Meditating is a game changer.  Taking slow deep breaths for a minute or two every now and then.  

I drank some coffee and still do.  I abstained from alcohol and highly recommend doing so at any cost.  It only provides temporary relief of symptoms and makes the withdrawal process worse in the long run.  

You will have to get through withdrawals.  Nothing will stop it but these can help you get through it.  Keep in mind, normal people don't feel great all the time so sometimes you may just have a bad day and it not be because of withdrawals.   Weaning should limit the withdrawals.

The trick to weaning off is being as consistent as possible and preparing for the first 2-3 step downs.  Your body will get used to stepping down but the first couple of times it will be rough.  It will feel like extreme crashing but it only lasts for a day or two and only the first few times.  I actually took too big of a step when I did the first couple of times so you may not have that problem.  When I stepped down I got all the way down to 1.5 mg a day every 3rd day and I felt great on that amount.  I recommend to cut it down to as small as dose as possible before stopping it completely.  That worked best for me.  I was still able to perform at work and still perform after I got off completely.  Just be sure to have some ADD tips and tricks to focus handy.  Even if you don't have it, you will have it at least a little bit as you get through the withdrawal period.  Good luck!