QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One year clean, on the verge of relapse

risingpheonix

Yeah, it's a demon drug. You get tolerance to it very quickly, so you need more all the time. At the same time if you go off of it, you have to deal with terribly low mood and sleeping non-stop and just not feeling human. So it's a real catch 22. It's very hard to get off of it but maybe a taper is right for your son? Or even rehab?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is awesome! So happy for you :) - I feel like we have a lot in common in this journey. so glad to see that we both stuck through the 1-year depression. In hindsight, I see my previous adderall use as "borrowing from tomorrow, to escape today" and not accepting that life is often times hum drum. Accepting the way I feel, day to day, is freeing. 

• Like 3

On 5/26/2023 at 10:19 AM, risingpheonix said:

For me, in the first months, while I slept a ridiculous amount and was not in the best spirits, the very fact that I saw myself get through the smallest assignment without adderall filled me with such a sense of accomplishment, it was so motivating! I was absolutely shocked that I could do x or do y without adderall. Each time I did something for the first time (since many years) without adderall, I felt like I summitted a mountain.

totally this! people often get trapped in their recovery waiting for some switch to flip or magically feeling of being "healed", but it's really about appreciating every victory and letting them add to the confidence of a post Adderall version of you.

thanks for sharing your story, it is very inspiring in it's honesty and reality (:

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2023 at 12:03 PM, sirod9 said:

This is awesome! So happy for you :) - I feel like we have a lot in common in this journey. so glad to see that we both stuck through the 1-year depression. In hindsight, I see my previous adderall use as "borrowing from tomorrow, to escape today" and not accepting that life is often times hum drum. Accepting the way I feel, day to day, is freeing. 

My dear sirod9 - how are you doing? I feel like I have so much to learn from you and your wisdom. I almost always read quittingadderall on my phone and not on the computer, and I somehow can't log in from the phone, so I don't comment. But your support and insight here is invaluable. You are a good soul and your wisdom no doubt helped more than one person through the dark night (me!) How is life for you?

I once read a thread here by a guy who decided to quit and who came back to write regular updates on certain anniversaries. It was super interesting. He ended up finding Jesus, something I don't expect for me, but his updates were still so encouraging to me. I am thinking it would be great if more people can do that when they are further along in their journey.

So how's it going for you?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, risingpheonix said:

My dear sirod9 - how are you doing? I feel like I have so much to learn from you and your wisdom. I almost always read quittingadderall on my phone and not on the computer, and I somehow can't log in from the phone, so I don't comment. But your support and insight here is invaluable. You are a good soul and your wisdom no doubt helped more than one person through the dark night (me!) How is life for you?

I once read a thread here by a guy who decided to quit and who came back to write regular updates on certain anniversaries. It was super interesting. He ended up finding Jesus, something I don't expect for me, but his updates were still so encouraging to me. I am thinking it would be great if more people can do that when they are further along in their journey.

So how's it going for you?

@risingpheonix - Same to you. We all help each other, and being able to give support and encouragement to others directly helps my own recovery from adderall. I'm doing well! Moving! and spearheading the whole thing myself, Stim free! I will have two years on the first, hallah!!

• Like 1