QuittingAdderall.com Forums

gonna be an emotional night

Heather67

So my son is at his other grams till Sunday, a much needed break for me!!"! Since my evening is free amd its my first free time sans addies....good nite to hit a local meeting. The one I'm going to is huge. Bout 100-150 people. And when I had my 3 years I chaired that meeting. It was a year. Commitment to take it...I took it and completed my year ...and tonite the former chair is gonna get her 24 HR. Chip...coming back actually..they don't have a 3 week one. LOL

I am not at all embarrassed nor do I have any shame about getting it...and no one will pass judgement...that meeting was a huge part of me. And walking up there ...I know I will see my.children's faces, my husband's ...the horrific past that we all endured and survived due to both of our addictions...and I'm finally and officially humbling myself...surrendering and doing my part to make it better for myself and for our family. I will cry...happy tears for a change. There was a little old man named Jerry pie who had 30 years of sobriety that was there every Friday nite...front row last seat. He always had the coolest things to share with me ..he and his wife would come to the deli I worked at for lunch. She was his everything ..he passed away a few months ago ..I did not attend because I was so fucked up...tonite I will get that chip and walk past that seat and thank him for always being there for me. I have huge anxiety but I need to fully engage the positive now...the past is just that now..you can really only control today...can't change the past,can't predict the future. So ima go represent you guys...thank you all for being there me.

• Like 1

So my son is at his other grams till Sunday, a much needed break for me!!"! Since my evening is free amd its my first free time sans addies....good nite to hit a local meeting. The one I'm going to is huge. Bout 100-150 people. And when I had my 3 years I chaired that meeting. It was a year. Commitment to take it...I took it and completed my year ...and tonite the former chair is gonna get her 24 HR. Chip...coming back actually..they don't have a 3 week one. LOL

I am not at all embarrassed nor do I have any shame about getting it...and no one will pass judgement...that meeting was a huge part of me. And walking up there ...I know I will see my.children's faces, my husband's ...the horrific past that we all endured and survived due to both of our addictions...and I'm finally and officially humbling myself...surrendering and doing my part to make it better for myself and for our family. I will cry...happy tears for a change. There was a little old man named Jerry pie who had 30 years of sobriety that was there every Friday nite...front row last seat. He always had the coolest things to share with me ..he and his wife would come to the deli I worked at for lunch. She was his everything ..he passed away a few months ago ..I did not attend because I was so fucked up...tonite I will get that chip and walk past that seat and thank him for always being there for me. I have huge anxiety but I need to fully engage the positive now...the past is just that now..you can really only control today...can't change the past,can't predict the future. So ima go represent you guys...thank you all for being there me.

You're a wonderful person. Do you know that? You really are. Your son is one luck kid! So proud of you.

Jerry pie! That's too freaking cute for words! I bet he is sweet as pie :P I'll miss ya this evening :) Have fun tonight and relish in your glory xoxox

Oh my God ladies....I love you guys! ! Why don't we all live on the same town??? :( could you imagine...oh boyyyy!!, :) it was a good nite. I cried a few times but that's cool.my husband called 3 times before I left...he attended all those meetings too prior to the epic relapse...he's says' I feel like I'm puting you on the school bus for the first time,and please dress like a bum"....hahaha. awww..honey that's sweet. LOL but the last fuckin thing I need is another dude and all his baggage

You are way mote than I can manage already. I'm fiercely loyal..if I day I won't do something..them I won't

I said I'd be here when he gets out and I will...everyone's actions after will make the decisions. Easy as that. But as far as Friday mites or any free notes.. I'm not a big bar person...so I hardly ever do that..people just piss Me off and I tend not to be real quiet about it..Lol. plus its not really that cost efficient and I'm flat ass broke. I'd rather hang at someones place and do it..cook up some yummy food and just goof on shit. I'm a simple girl. But when I do go out its major and way to many shots of crown

Ironic I just went to a.a huh??? It serves me well on the only substance I've encountered on an " I took the pills and then the pills took me basis " so I'm good with that

Hugs to my girls!!!,