QuittingAdderall.com Forums

thoughts on adderall and confidence

Greg

I was just thinking to myself how much adderall strips away your confidence. Because you grow so accustomed to doing things with it. It becomes in the adderall'd persons mind the reason behind successes. As I'm sitting here with all these books, I realize this is going to be a process of rebuilding my confidence, proving to myself I can do reading, complete homework without it. I took my first quiz today, worth like a hundredth of my grade but I got a 100% but that tiny success gave me this feeling that my brain can work without adderall, that i didn't do so much irreperable damage to it. I'm so grateful for this weekend, it gave me sometime to just hideaway and unwind from the first week of overwhelm.

I can't believe its only been a week. it honestly feels like ive been here for much longer.

edit - Also getting used to being around people all the time, lol. Sooort of..

• Like 3

It's great that you're one of the old timers on here; however, I hate that I can't give you advice on this stuff. We're constantly learning from you. I can only say I totally agree, and I really think the confidence will come in time. We've trained our brains to think we can only be successful on adderall with our addiction and breaking that connection is key, because it really is a lie. We were successful on adderall, until we went off the deep end, and that will be the case forever in regards to adderall. Good job on your quiz, and keep setting an example for us. We're relying on you...like MFA said, no pressure, though :)

• Like 2

Great job! Give yourself a big pat on the back my friend. You completed your first task off adderall and got a 100%. Just imagine the limitless opportunities that are available to you now. You can have a fun filled life free from adderall obsession and conquer your goals. Pretty awesome stuff.

Also, just remember that rome wasn't built in one day. ;) Take baby steps in the beginning and make sure to revel in every accomplishment no matter how small. Dwell in this place for as long as you can and build on it with every new victory and obstacle overcome without the use of adderall.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

InRecovery, I really love the fact that you are both strong and vulnerable here with us. You celebrate with us the wins in your life, and you are self aware enough about your insecurities to write about them here. When you have a bad thought or a moment of doubt, you let us know. And then when you have a win you let us know. I really believe that keeps us all hanging in there, because we can see the humanity in all of us. None of us is perfect, and all we can be is honest and keep picking ourselves up when we fall. I'm not sure if we fall less hard over time, or we get used to it, but it does get easier over time.

LIke everyone's said, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I like what you said about learning do do reading and homework again. And you are sitting there with a stack of books.

I need to share something along the subject of reading:

About a month ago I finished a book. Not a huge book, it was a paperback with about 400 pages, non fiction. The remarkable thing was it was the first book i have read, page by page, chapter to chapter, and cover to cover in about five years, I lost the ability to read a book in its entirety somewhere in the later stages of my adderall addiction. Oh sure, I would skim books for a quick answer or pluck things from different sections, but to actually read and retain what was in the whole book had been a lost skill. Not that I was ever an avid reader, and I have never forgotten how it was to be entertained and educated by just a book. Adderall coost me the ability to concentrate (even to simply sit down) long enough to read a book to its completion. It was just another small victory for me after 1.5 years of recovery, to know I can still read and enjoy a book. Oh, the name of the book? .......it was Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution - the last book he wrote before he slipped on the ice, cracked his head and died.

• Like 1