QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The 60 day challange "reloaded"

Jon

Day 57. I'm almost there. Most days I'm pretty damn proud of myself, then some days I wish it was 90 days, 120 days, etc to feel real accomplishment. I haven't gone too deep into it, but my addiction was so hardcore, and I was so immersed in it, that I truly never saw any other way. I've damaged my health, and I pray it's not permanent. My mind is clearer, but I still feel depressed some days, and my energy isn't nearly where I want it. I need to be patient, and trust time will heal me. I'm a better mom, nurse, and person overall. I'm relaxed, not quick to anger, my to do list stays unfinished most days, but that's fine. I live in the moment way more when it comes to my little girl. Life in general is more at ease. I guess I just needed to vent. Thanks a million for listening. This website has held me accountable and let me bitch and moan, and I truly appreciate it.

• Like 4

Regarding a 90 day thread, maybe we could totally make one?  You could start a topic and just ask one of the admins to sticky it?

I can relate to the things you are saying and it takes me back to when I was around the 50 day mark.  This is the first time you've given an update in a while other than your day count.  It's nice to know how you're feeling.

I am not a pharmacist or a doctor so I can't say anything conclusively but I feel like I know in my heart that almost none of that damage is permanent.  It just starts to feel that way since it takes so much longer than you'd expect to heal.

Here's an example.  My right eye would twitch constantly towards the end of my adderall use.  After I quit, this actually persisted until some unclear point between 90 and 120 days.  I was convinced this would never go away.  At some point, the twitching didn't stop, but it moved!  The bridge of my nose (the spot right between my eyes) would start to twitch instead.  In hindsight maybe this was just a more mild form of the same twitch.  But it occured to me a few weeks ago that it has completely stopped.  And I can't recall exactly when.  My guess is somewhere between 5 and 5 and a half months.

For such a stupid little side effect to persist that long but eventually be repaired....  imagine all the other tiny little bits of damage scattered around our brains that are slowly repairing themselves without our knowledge.

You are doing so awesome and keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Day 57 and my life is dramatically different than it was before I quit. I am doing well and I will post a more detailed post on what my journey has been like for me when I get some time to do so.

I encourage anyone struggling to quit to employ the cold turkey method and cut off all resources for the most effective way to get off. Your life will improve tremendously I promise.

• Like 4

Day 57 and my life is dramatically different than it was before I quit. I am doing well and I will post a more detailed post on what my journey has been like for me when I get some time to do so.

I encourage anyone struggling to quit to employ the cold turkey method and cut off all resources for the most effective way to get off. Your life will improve tremendously I promise.

That is really, really awesome to hear! Congrats to hitting nearly 60 days. That's really something to be proud of!

Cold turkey and cutting off your supplier are a tried and true formula here. And are one more example of how that is the case.

• Like 2