QuittingAdderall.com Forums

2 years or close to it

Zerokewl

So awesome man.  I'm happy for you and I have faith that you have the strength to overcome your struggles in time.

On adderall  life was fucked up but life was simple, horrible but simple.

This is so true.  I think this is why, without realizing it, the after-addy crash that inevitably follows binges *and not just the high itself* was a big part of the ritual that is addictive.

You are extremely awesome and the hedgehog agrees. :)

• Like 2

B)  I am SO proud of you!  You are one of my inspirations on this forum and without you and the others, I doubt I would have had the strength to stay from the false promise of an "easy road".  What you are experiencing is what everyone experiences without Adderall.  It is just that most have never had the "horrible, but simple" experience of being on it.  So, they don't know any different.  It really makes you think about how it is cheating to be on it.  Others just can't compete when you are a jacked up machine...with no time for the simple things.  Don't beat yourself up for the Netflix days, enjoy them...

You should take a look at www.wheatbellyblog.com .  It is a great lifestyle and the best side effects of this healthy way of eating are weight loss and feeling great!  Read some of the articles and see if you want to try it.  I feel so much better now that I am on the road to getting back into great shape.  I am a force to be reckoned with when I am fit ;)  Exercise is still an issue, but I have started walking 20-30 minutes each day and it is getting easier.  I have a walking partner at work and she makes me go even when I want to be a slug.  Motivation can come from an external source, it is okay. 

Remember, you are a success story.  Even with the ups and downs, you have done it!  So proud...

• Like 4

Your posts are just inspiring to me. It sounds to me like you've had a successful couple years, maybe not where you would like to be, but it sounds like you got a lot of things done. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I look forward to your posts.

• Like 2

Oh, yes!  I'm sure it is loving you about now. ;)  Mr. Heart says, "thank you friend!"  You saved me!  :)

I love the facial expression of that guy, lol.  That is totally what I looked like after a bender!  Watch out!  Here comes crazy, mean, hostile woman!  Ready to bite somebody's head off!  lol

• Like 3

Z,

I notice a lot of your discussion is based on goal setting, and frustration about not achieving those goals.  But the fact that you are making goals and trying to meet them says a lot about your inner drive.  I feel like Adderall cost me some of my goal-driven behavior.  And I have not yet regained it.   I struggle with setting any goals in the first place.  On Adderall, I enjoyed sitting around all day thinking about what needed to get done, because whatever I did get done seemed like a lot and even doing the laundry was an epic accomplishment.  Life was kinda simple, but fucked up, because I was always fucked up on adderall.   I sat around and smoked, and smoked more and really didn't do a goddamn thing of value during the last year or two of my addiction. 

Good for you for setting goals and trying to get things done.  And double good for you for quitting smoking last year.  The extra body weight is simply a side effect of kicking the cigs and amphetamines.  Of course you will need to lose it, and in time it will happen.  I suggest taking advantage of the summer months, good weather and extra daylight for getting more activity.  And I also suggest taking advantage of all the locally grown, healthy foods that are available this time of the year.  Kick the processed food habit, at least for the short term, and see what happens.  Instead of setting a numerical goal of trying to lose 30 or 40 lbs., maybe just try a goal of regular daily exercise and better nutrition?

Just some rambling thoughts.  Congrats on two years of recovery.  Thank you for all your valuable contributions (posts) and responses to those who are new to the quitting game.   Keep on keepin' on....

• Like 4

ZK, I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner!  Congratulations on 2 years and on how much you have accomplished in that time!  Quitting both adderall and cigarettes within 2 years is a major accomplishment in itself, as well as an ongoing process (like LilTex said) so I'm super proud of you for doing that! 

I'll be honest, I can hear you being a little hard on yourself in this post... about your weight and about not achieving more goals.  I'm way too hard on myself too (I guess adderall attracts our type!) and one of the most helpful things any of my friends can do for me is to tell me when I'm being too hard on myself.  My best friends are used to me being too hard on myself, and are great at telling me to cut that shit out.  So I'm going to tell you that right now.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  You're amazing, and a huge success story.  Make sure your goals are attainable, and know that if you're setting a high bar, you're bound to fall a little short-- but that's not a bad thing.  You're a human being, and you're doing great!  :)   Congratulations again my friend!

• Like 3

Thanks Occasional & Always, 

Adderall really does attract an overachiever type and I am that kind of person.  I've always been motivated , adderall actually broke that motivation temporarily.  I am hard on myself but not like I used to be. I can celebrate the small daily victories, and fall asleep with the knowledge I pushed the ball forward just a little that day I accomplished something. In year 2 I am trying to pump up the intensity slowly.  

I complain constantly about my weight. But if Grisham from CSI did a quick analysis of my car he would find, Doritos, Pizza Slices, Pop and Fast Food.  This really has to stop if I am going to make progress.  

• Like 1