QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hitting One Month w No Adderall

sadderall

So I'm on one month with no adderall. It's been a struggle. I am hungry all the time, have no motivation, and can see my muscles becoming flimsy. 

I've been taking L-Tyrosine as recommended as soon as I wake up on an empty stomach- it has been helping. 

I can see myself gaining weight as a opposed to when I was working out on adderall. It's such a bummer. 

Though there are some pros to quitting. Time doesn't feel like it's going by as fast. And my mouth isn't as cut up as it use to be. 

What are so practices that quitters on here have done to help them stay off adderall? To not help them eat all the time? Any book or podcast recommendations?

Please help

• Like 1

CONGRATS. It's been 1 month for me today also!  

The book someone recommended The Mood Cure help me a lot explaining whys, what to try etc.  I took  L-Tyrosine for first 2 weeks then felt like it stopped, switched to SAM-e and today switch back to both.  I try to not concentrate on weight gain, but I also don't let myself have any crap food in the house, so when I snack or graze all night it is on grapes, nuts, raisins...otherwise I know eating crappy would make me feel worse.   

I also quit drink the same time, because I know if I drank, I'd feel like crap in am and want to get adderall to get me out of hangover....so hard to have quit both and I definitely miss adderall 100 times more than alcohol....

Getting outside and my dog help through the crappy days...yesterday was hell.  Today was fabulous!  Guess that's part of it.

Been doing some hippie shit drinking pickle juice, drinking apple cider vinegar mix , taking fish oil again ( pickle juice cures the bad side effects from those in my opinion) I put a link under supplements to a guy who has a ton of natural cures etc. I find working out a good mix of weights and cardio is key one day run next day weights I always do circuits when I do weights don't lift some reps then sit around think that's counterproductive in my opinion. You will be stronger off addy no doubt once you get a couple months in eat better etc also high fat and low carb thing is worth looking into. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 6:27 PM, Kimber said:

CONGRATS. It's been 1 month for me today also!  

The book someone recommended The Mood Cure help me a lot explaining whys, what to try etc.  I took  L-Tyrosine for first 2 weeks then felt like it stopped, switched to SAM-e and today switch back to both.  I try to not concentrate on weight gain, but I also don't let myself have any crap food in the house, so when I snack or graze all night it is on grapes, nuts, raisins...otherwise I know eating crappy would make me feel worse.   

I also quit drink the same time, because I know if I drank, I'd feel like crap in am and want to get adderall to get me out of hangover....so hard to have quit both and I definitely miss adderall 100 times more than alcohol....

Getting outside and my dog help through the crappy days...yesterday was hell.  Today was fabulous!  Guess that's part of it.

OH CONGRATSSS!! We're in this together.

How did you notice it stopped working? What's sam-e? 

Good advice on keeping no crappy food in the hous. Do you work out?

I notice i've been drinking more actually which isn't good. I also take 10mg of lexapro everyday.

You have such a supportive spirit. Thank you so much

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 1:27 AM, sadderall said:

OH CONGRATSSS!! We're in this together.

How did you notice it stopped working? What's sam-e? 

Good advice on keeping no crappy food in the hous. Do you work out?

I notice i've been drinking more actually which isn't good. I also take 10mg of lexapro everyday.

You have such a supportive spirit. Thank you so much

Sorry, internet connection at my house is ridiculously nonexistent and lately zero motivation to even attempt to get online.  Now feels like nothing is working, plus husband was home during Irma (usually he's out of town) and we ate worse and drank, and I stopped walking the dog as much.

Walked 3 miles yesterday, but been a rough spell.   And I know it has 100% to do with food and drink I am or am not putting in my body AND exercising, easy to get off track and then feel defeated, which is a bad place to be.  Wanting to want to start working out!  And toyed with getting on an antidepressant again, took myself off Wellbutrin 4 years ago ....Who knows , hope you are doing well.

On 9/19/2017 at 2:42 PM, Kimber said:

Sorry, internet connection at my house is ridiculously nonexistent and lately zero motivation to even attempt to get online.  Now feels like nothing is working, plus husband was home during Irma (usually he's out of town) and we ate worse and drank, and I stopped walking the dog as much.

Walked 3 miles yesterday, but been a rough spell.   And I know it has 100% to do with food and drink I am or am not putting in my body AND exercising, easy to get off track and then feel defeated, which is a bad place to be.  Wanting to want to start working out!  And toyed with getting on an antidepressant again, took myself off Wellbutrin 4 years ago ....Who knows , hope you are doing well.

Hope you both and the pups stayed safe during Irma. 

It does have 100% to do with what we put in our body. I've been going back and forth from eating really unhealthy to eating extremely healthy. It's a weird balance, but would be more affective if I were to eat 100% healthy. Last night I binged on sherbet ice cream, otis spunkmeyer muffins, and popsicles. Feeling pretty bad about it right now. I am trying to stop drinking but just filling the void with junk food. Its a struggle. 

I would recommend looking up "Jillian Michaels Biggest Loser" on youtube if you want to start working out. It's about an hour long but I usually do only 20 minutes of it just to get me sweating and endorphins up. 

Hope you are doing well on your journey too.