Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeanW

1 year

8 posts in this topic

So I made it to one year!! Also, it's Friday the 13th. lol I'm feeling the best I have yet. Looking forward to year two addy free. This past year has been absolute hell compared to any other time in my life. I don't know how I did it. Although it feels at times that I'm not making progress when I think back to this time last year, the last time I used and the shape I was in there is a world of difference. So happy to be here today so much healthier and making steps in the right direction for my future. This forum and all you guys have really helped me. Without y'all I would have been so much more lost and don't know if I would of made it. Stay strong everybody! Love you guys! 

9 people like this

25 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Although it feels at times that I'm not making progress when I think back to this time last year, the last time I used and the shape I was in there is a world of difference.

totally this! for everyone in the early stages of recovery: you may not feel like you're making obvious enough progress from day to day, but when you get to a major milestone like a year, looking back is the greatest feeling in the world.. to see how far you've come.

awesome work Sean- you're crushing it, and will continue to do so this next year (:

4 people like this

Awesome Sean! I am just about a month behind you. So Glad to hear your progress, I am still having some pretty crappy days however glad things are brightening up for you! 

2 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

totally this! for everyone in the early stages of recovery: you may not feel like you're making obvious enough progress from day to day, but when you get to a major milestone like a year, looking back is the greatest feeling in the world.. to see how far you've come.

awesome work Sean- you're crushing it, and will continue to do so this next year (:

Thanks!! 

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, EricP said:

Awesome Sean! I am just about a month behind you. So Glad to hear your progress, I am still having some pretty crappy days however glad things are brightening up for you! 

Thanks Eric! I hope things get better for you, this last month things really started getting better I hope the same happens for you! 

1 person likes this

Congratulations for getting a full year under your belt.  I have always felt like it takes a full year to adjust to anything new - like a job or a big personal loss and especially beating an addiction.  It took about three years after adderall for me before I quit noticing progressive improvements in my outlook and well-being.  Keep Going!

3 people like this

Congrats on one year! That is huge! You sound like you’re doing great and only good things to happen in year two. This is when you settle in to your new life and start working towards the future instead of looking at the past.

1 person likes this

On 4/13/2018 at 3:38 PM, SeanW said:

So I made it to one year!! Also, it's Friday the 13th. lol I'm feeling the best I have yet. Looking forward to year two addy free.

That's awesome, Sean. Also, we have the same anniversary! ; )

Thank God (and Mike) for this website...

1 person likes this