AbsentMinded

Shifting Teeth?!

4 posts in this topic

I have been slowly reading through all the quitting stories to keep myself motivated. I’m not sure how much information is actually registering, but I came across one that mentioned teeth shifting that really caught my attention. Is this a known side effect?! I had braces growing up, but I would constantly forget or lose my retainer so my teeth weren’t 100% perfect, but since Adderall they have shifted so much on the bottom I can’t even fit a retainer on them. I never attributed this to Adderall, but now I am wondering if it is the cause. On Adderall I started grinding my teeth at night while sleeping. Not during the day, but at night probably due to pent up stress?! 

Anyone else experience this? If so, this is another strike against Adderall. Although I have decided to quit, in my moments of weakness I think “what harm did it really do? What’s another month going to hurt?” But things like this help me realize that there are long term consequences that I will still have to deal with if I start and stop again so why make it worse?

I suggest you read though this thread if you need more reasons to quit.....

Speed is really hard on your teeth, BTW.

2 people like this

Yes!! 7 months into my deep addiction I not only had 2 gaps in my teeth I never had before. My gum line also receded, which my dentist said it's typical for people under stress, but I know that stress is directly due to my addiction. Daydreambeliever is right though, teeth can be fixed. 

1 person likes this