QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Need Help. Adderall has taken over my life.

Searchingsoul9

Okay, sorry but I have to finally say something about weight and women: I am totally sympathetic about how hard it must be for women especially in our culture to struggle with weight - my wife and sister do. The following is my take though, on our culture and what is promoted as the ideal for women and is not meant to sound homophobic, but the whole image thing is based in large part I think on fashion and fitting into clothes, ect (as my wife tells me only really thin women can fit into a lot of this stuff) but who is probably more involved in creating and designing these clothes - straight or gay guys? C'mon! It's gay guys telling you how you should look, to which my response is then who cares? If a gay women finds me unattractive, do I care? No! Not because I don't value her opinion but because how would she know? Am I wrong?

I say this because I don't think most guys find women who look those gals on desperate housewives (you know, getting older and thinking being skinny makes them look younger) sexually attractive, I know I don't, yet the media creates the impression that men want that. I think it's b.s.

Edit: I didn't mean "getting older" is unattractive, rather I was referring to the fact that these actresses try to mask their age by starving themselves and looking more like 10 year old boys then regular women.

Okay, sorry but I have to finally say something about weight and women: I am totally sympathetic about how hard it must be for women especially in our culture to struggle with weight - my wife and sister do. The following is my take though, on our culture and what is promoted as the ideal for women and is not meant to sound homophobic, but the whole image thing is based in large part I think on fashion and fitting into clothes, ect (as my wife tells me only really thin women can fit into a lot of this stuff) but who is probably more involved in creating and designing these clothes - straight or gay guys? C'mon! It's gay guys telling you how you should look, to which my response is then who cares? If a gay women finds me unattractive, do I care? No! Not because I don't value her opinion but because how would she know? Am I wrong?

No, i agree with you completely! My weight issues have absolutely nothing to do with how men view me though. It's how women view me. Woman are the catty ones. And honestly i don't care what men think because at this point i am not looking for a relationship. Also, it is about how i feel. All my jeans are size 0, and if i suddenly don't fit in them, i feel huge. It's pretty stupid when i think about it, but i have been ingraining this into my brain since the 4th grade. I by no means want to be sickly, death bed thin. I like big butts and nice boobs, i just don't want a big tire around my waist! And i am a clothes ADDICT. Shoppaholic for sure. So clothes is a huge part of my life

I don't know if I fit the typical female mold, because I don't have body image issues, but I sure feel for you ladies that do, and I completely understand why you would. I just think putting adderall (being thin) and looking good is a lie. I was my smallest right before I quit, probably a size 0, and I looked absolutely sickly....bags under my eyes, unhealthy looking skin, thin hair, and clothes just hung off of me. I look back at pictures now and cringe. I'm not downplaying what society has done to women wanting to look tiny, but on adderall it makes you look sickly more than anything. I couldn't squeeze my butt into size 3 pants yesterday, but dude, I'm not acting like a crack head, at least :) I'm saying all of this because I think how we're viewing adderall as making us look pretty is wrong and dangerous.

I don't know if I fit the typical female mold, because I don't have body image issues, but I sure feel for you ladies that do, and I completely understand why you would. I just think putting adderall (being thin) and looking good is a lie. I was my smallest right before I quit, probably a size 0, and I looked absolutely sickly....bags under my eyes, unhealthy looking skin, thin hair, and clothes just hung off of me. I look back at pictures now and cringe. I'm not downplaying what society has done to women wanting to look tiny, but on adderall it makes you look sickly more than anything. I couldn't squeeze my butt into size 3 pants yesterday, but dude, I'm not acting like a crack head, at least :) I'm saying all of this because I think how we're viewing adderall as making us look pretty is wrong and dangerous.

I admire you even more after reading that! I know it probably is a sterotype or whatever that girls with eating disorders think "normal" sized woman are below average or fat, but personally i envy a woman with a healthy, sexy body. I always have, If i was a dude i know i wouldn't want a skinny bitch haha, but my whole life i have focused so much on how i look and fit into clothes that there is some sick desire programmed in me to be skinnier than other girls. It's sad. There was one point when i was like 17 that i honestly thought my disorder just vanished. I was eating normally, not weighing myself, and i felt great. I didn't even feel fat! But then i made the mistake of "dieting" and fell back into my disordered eating habits. And all the comments i got on my weight after losing a few just fueled that desire inside me to stay skinny. I don't know why i have such low self esteem. I just have for as long as i can remember. And Ashley, you are BEAUTIFUL. Inside and out.

Aw, I wish I could de-program that out of your head. It sounds like such a struggle :(

Thank you for the sweet compliment! How are you doing on day 3??

Day 3 SUCKS bigtime. And the worst part is i haven't been able to sleep until about 2-3am the past couple of nights ! All i wanna do is sleep and i'm not even tired. Sucky day for sure. And i just hope tomorrow is better because ill be working my usual nights and i rely on adderall for it :/ How are you?

I know it's tough. It was so rough for me, but I think I slept the first month away. You would think taking a stimulant away would make you so tired. A few people on here mentioned having insomnia when quitting, so I guess that happens. I hope you get some sleep tonight. You made it through day 3. All you need to focus on is getting through tomorrow. Then tomorrow the next day and so on. Take care of yourself!

• Like 1

I am trying to log in more... Since I was little my hands and feet would swell and they are always cold and red. Yeah people always notice and I hate my hands. Drugs, alcohol, weed all flare this up in different ways. My parents and I had asked doctors about it my whole life and they were all just like duhhh... clueless. I started seeing a rheumatologist about 10 years ago for other auto-immune fatigue, pain issues and finally was diagnosed with raynauds syndrome. It's kind of rare, but yeah you can lose fingers. Aghhh. I can't think about it! She prescribed me a blood pressure drug (Norvasc) in the lowest dose. I only take this if a finger goes numb or something. Other than that just try to do what you can. I can't say you have the same thing as me, but every drug made it flare. Sometimes they even get burning red and swell.

I, too, think adderall messed me up w/ weed. I am such a paranoid spazz on it. If I have had some drinks then it's cool. Basically I partake here and there but I can relate to exactly what you are saying about weed.

Look I wish I posted in here more. I have struggled for almost a decade w/ this adderall crap. It's a double edged sword b/c I lived in my bed due to my fatigue before. I ended 2012 badly... like took a ton trying to say goodbye kind of thing. I'm about to get married and I really am sooo sick of it so have been using only my prescribed dose, have had a better focused head since new years.... except i screwed up today and took a little extra. damn. that's why i logged in to. to stay strong!

I am trying to log in more... Since I was little my hands and feet would swell and they are always cold and red. Yeah people always notice and I hate my hands. Drugs, alcohol, weed all flare this up in different ways. My parents and I had asked doctors about it my whole life and they were all just like duhhh... clueless. I started seeing a rheumatologist about 10 years ago for other auto-immune fatigue, pain issues and finally was diagnosed with raynauds syndrome. It's kind of rare, but yeah you can lose fingers. Aghhh. I can't think about it! She prescribed me a blood pressure drug (Norvasc) in the lowest dose. I only take this if a finger goes numb or something. Other than that just try to do what you can. I can't say you have the same thing as me, but every drug made it flare. Sometimes they even get burning red and swell.

I, too, think adderall messed me up w/ weed. I am such a paranoid spazz on it. If I have had some drinks then it's cool. Basically I partake here and there but I can relate to exactly what you are saying about weed.

Look I wish I posted in here more. I have struggled for almost a decade w/ this adderall crap. It's a double edged sword b/c I lived in my bed due to my fatigue before. I ended 2012 badly... like took a ton trying to say goodbye kind of thing. I'm about to get married and I really am sooo sick of it so have been using only my prescribed dose, have had a better focused head since new years.... except i screwed up today and took a little extra. damn. that's why i logged in to. to stay strong!

Yes, i always assumed i had reynoueds, but i haven't actually gone to the doctor to find that out. I am calling to make an appointment today though so i will let you know what they tell me! Mine get red and burn too sometimes when it is hot, i get into a hot shower, or am exercising. I also can only smoke without paranoia if i have a few drinks beforehand.

I hope that things get better for you. I know what you mean exactly though. Before the adderall i was a lazy, tired slob. I didn't have a job, i dropped out of college my first year, everything was horrible. Then once i got on it things really started looking up for me. That's why it's so hard. It's either i am off it and i am back to being that lazy slob, but 100X worse. OR, i stay on it and overdo it, mess up my health. It's a hard decision. You'd think i'd choose my health, but When you have a 3 month supply AND your doc is giving you more soon...it's really a giant tease.

I feel for you, here if you need to chat!

Trust me I know the double edge sword thing with this drug. It's a real mess! Take care keep me posted. I am slowly learning to use the forums a lil better so sorry for the slow replies ;)

My hands are ice cold as we speak :) take care. you are definitely not alone.... now I know i am not either :) :) :)

• Like 1

Trust me I know the double edge sword thing with this drug. It's a real mess! Take care keep me posted. I am slowly learning to use the forums a lil better so sorry for the slow replies ;)

My hands are ice cold as we speak :) take care. you are definitely not alone.... now I know i am not either :) :) :)

Hey there. I went to the doc and they said reynauds. But they told me to stop smoking and exercise lol. I go back monday for blood work just to make sure it's not secondary. So, we shall see!

What kind of doctor? I have seen so many that just don't care or are clueless. It is a serious condition so they should give you information on the situation... This is not something that usually just pops up and goes away, although many things can flare it up yes. They should be informed enough to inform you and give you a little more information. It doesn't rule my life or anything... I have much worse issues than that One time an eye dr told me his dad lost a finger or 2 from it, which I didn't need to hear by the way, I knew it was no joke. When absesses or sores form on fingers they can get infected and that's when real problems or frostbite can occur. I always think when I'm older this will be more serious, but I'm an idiot b/c I always pick the cuticles around my nails and I should def not be doing that... along w/ many other things LOL.

I don't have anyone treating me anymore but do have dcotors prescribe low mg norvasc and it works for a flare up. Just inform yourself about it... drs on't seem to care about me so I have to take matters into my own hands most of the time :)