QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My head wont quit twitching?

BeverlyM

When I lay down, I'm fine. I lay down and close my eyes... And my head/upper half of my body does this super intense twitching thing every 30 seconds or so. If I try to sleep through it, it gets worse and my whole body starts twitchin. I looked it up online and it said something ab myoclonic jerks, which is when you dream and u feel like you're falling when u wake up. This isn't what I'm talkin ab. I kept lookin and there's also myoclonic seizures which sounds a lot like what's goin on. Is it gonna go away ever? I feel like its gotta be some kind of withdrawal BC it never happens unless I quit takin Adderall. I just wanna sleep and I can't BC I wake up in "shocks" it feels like. Its like my whole body is hiccuping or something except mostly in my head. I sound crazy probably, but damn, this shit gets old real fast. If anyone knows how to prevent it PLEASE let me know.

I remember the twitches. Eye and calves it went away all on its own but I can't recall when.  All I can recommend for sleep and water and maybe some Melatonin (over the counter natural sleep aid). Early recovery is a bit of a trip due to re-calibration of brain chemistry. Some form exercise may help. How long have you been clean ?  

I only experienced mild twitching in my eyes and fingers, which has almost completely stopped now. 

(though randomly it flares up from time to time, but really mild and really rare).

I don't know if you're experiencing a more intense version of the same thing, or if it's something different.

Especially since you say you have a history of suffering from seizures, maybe it could be something else that you may have just not noticed when you were high on adderall?

I dunno, but I don't think you shoud be too quick to just write the symptoms off as withdrawal, it might be worth visiting a doctor?

I've had twitching in the middle of my forehead (in time with my thoughts) for five months now. I doubt your case will be as bad - but I've noticed that the twitching has been getting a little better with time, and I'm hoping it'll fade completely. Just know you're not the only one going through this! Best wishes :)