QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Still Lacking motivation seriously

Teresa

Good morning friends I hope this finds everyone doing well. I have been watching a lot of Jordan Peterson and Andrew huberman on YouTube regarding motivation laziness the brain all kinds of things. They give a lot of good advice why can I not follow it? I so desperately want to be motivated and I just can't seem to pull my head out of my rear end. It's easier to sit on the couch and watch the videos I went downstairs to try and start organizing my craft room and I lasted about 5 minutes. So I came upstairs and watched a video on organizing your craft room lol. I just want something magical to happen. I have been clean since January 16th after abusing my body for at least 5 years and more in between. I just had to vent. Thank you for listening

• Like 3

There is a user on this site that goes by the name ‘MotivationFollowsAction’. I honestly can’t think of better advice when it comes to motivation. Those 3 words have popped into my head many times during recovery and I have found them to be true.

• Like 2

Yup - the trap is waiting for "something magical to happen". it won't. certainly there will be good days and bad days, but there is no distinct flip of a switch where you start feeling "cured". IMO, I only recognized my recovery when I was able to do things that I didn't think I could without Adderall. so as @DrewK15 said, the action had to happen before I realized my progress.

5 months is a tough period because it feels like you have just enough energy to want to do something, but not enough to actually do it :lol:. I remember that feeling well! watching TV and videos is just fine for where you're at, but you should slowly start seeking out challenges when you feel ready (: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the response and I will look up Mr motivation. I am happy to say I went to town got a couple of things came back and went down to my basement and work for a few hours and I must say I feel really good right now and it's been like 7 hours. I'm making dinner and I just feel really good. I never thought I could pull it off but I did!!!! I didn't accomplish a ton but I started organizing all my bins and I am making progress slowly but surely and it sure feels good!!! I hope everyone has a great evening thanks again for the input I love it:)

• Like 3

Thanks @gillieI'm having rough days again. The good days were very short lived. But hopefully this too will pass. I'm forced to keep pushing forward one day at a time. Today is no exception. I just want to vegetate on the couch and I'm taking care of my disabled son today. Poor boy. Lousy company...and to ad to it I have to watch my 2 granddaughters for 4 hours in a couple hours. Oh I feel sorry for myself.