QuittingAdderall.com Forums

2 months clean

justagirl

Made it two months adderall free after a hellish almost 3 yrs of abusing, looking back now I’m saddened and devastated at the time lost because my daughter was a baby and all I cared about was getting my hands on a handful of orange pills for a few hours of being high… then the comedown seemed like it’d last for weeks, to the point I couldn’t function like a normal human.. I get so angry at myself that I ever put myself in that position to begin with. After a few trips to the emergency room because it felt like I was having heart attacks, I knew I couldn’t do this anymore. 

• Like 1

Hi, knowing that and admitting to it is a strong thing to do. You cant go back in time so try not to dwell on that, addiction just makes you do things. Try to forgive yourself. #staystrongmama

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel for you.  I lost my marriage and hurt my kids but didn’t attribute it to adderall until later.    It gets harder and harder to quit over time.  Don't let the fond memory of euphoria fool you and trick you like it did me. Over time there is no euphoria just an insane urge and craving to use it.  Read Dopamine Nation or read about adderall effect on dopamine neurotransmitters.   They get pruned and we eventually do not feel pleasure at pleasurable or awe inspiring situations.  Go to a12 step program like NA or AA or CA.  Its close enough i believe.  Im on day 4 for the 20th time trying to quit for good.  I’ve been weaning down for 10 years.  I can never stay off.  You have a good chance.  This is hell knowing i may never get back my natural joy.  Don’t let it happen to you. . I have been on it and/or abusing it since 1999.