QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The psychiatrist that never stops

Searchingsoul9

Searching soul,

That is absolutely ludicrous to me. What kind of psychiatrist does this? The people who dealt me pills didn't even pursue me. With that being said, major props to you! At one month and 5 days, I don't know if I could be that strong. Do you feel strong enough to tell her to leave you alone once and for all? You don't deserve those temptations.

• Like 1

Searching soul,

That is absolutely ludicrous to me. What kind of psychiatrist does this? The people who dealt me pills didn't even pursue me. With that being said, major props to you! At one month and 5 days, I don't know if I could be that strong. Do you feel strong enough to tell her to leave you alone once and for all? You don't deserve those temptations.

She's not a regular psychiatrist. I mean, she IS, but it never seemed like she was very professional. It's not that i don't feel strong enough per say...i just feel like a bitch being like, "Go away" haha, you know?

Not that i should care what she thinks of me. Just sucks because my new counselor is in the same building that my old psych is in, so there is a chance i could bump into her one day.

I ended my relationship with my previous psychiatrist, the one who prescribed me adderall, a while ago.

I get a text from her today asking how i am and if i 'need anything'.

I told her no. That i was doing better off the adderall. She never replied back.

I wish she would just stop. I considered for a split mili second that i should get some pills.

But i thought better of it and decided against it.

Holy Crap! Talk about triggers! My deepest respect to you for the stellar resistance. Reminds me of the time when my (ex)dealer texted me a "change of phone number" message. I can't even describe how uncomfortable it made me, and this was even nine months after quitting. Good job, searchingsoul.

• Like 1

Searchingsoul,

I know what you mean. I find myself wishing I had motivation all the time! However, what I've found the most helpful for myself is to simply create a daily to do list the night before or morning of. If I don't make any list, I won't do anything. I'll just sit on the couch for hours playing on the internet and nothing gets done. Just thought I'd mention it as I know I have the same problem. :)

WOW girl!!! you never cease to amaze me with your strength!

What a weird psychiatrist! Is this person getting paid to write you scripts? Total drug dealer behavior......

Or maybe she doesn't have enough patients, so she wants to fill up her time. No idea.

I wonder if you could block her phone # so you don't have to deal with any more triggers......

Holy Crap! Talk about triggers! My deepest respect to you for the stellar resistance. Reminds me of the time when my (ex)dealer texted me a "change of phone number" message. I can't even describe how uncomfortable it made me, and this was even nine months after quitting. Good job, searchingsoul.

Thank you! It was a major trigger. 60 pills for 10 bucks...big temptation, but not worth it
  • Like 1

Searchingsoul,

I know what you mean. I find myself wishing I had motivation all the time! However, what I've found the most helpful for myself is to simply create a daily to do list the night before or morning of. If I don't make any list, I won't do anything. I'll just sit on the couch for hours playing on the internet and nothing gets done. Just thought I'd mention it as I know I have the same problem. :)

Thanks for the tip! I find i make lists and never follow them :-/

I should try to stick to it though

WOW girl!!! you never cease to amaze me with your strength!

What a weird psychiatrist! Is this person getting paid to write you scripts? Total drug dealer behavior......

Or maybe she doesn't have enough patients, so she wants to fill up her time. No idea.

I wonder if you could block her phone # so you don't have to deal with any more triggers......

Thank you my love!! Idk how to block numbers, but i am just hoping she goes away!!

The first person who prescribed it to me is actually someone I deeply respect; a friend and a doctor. I don't blame him, actually. I went to him and asked for it. He never prescribed me more than a really low dose, and called me on it once when I asked for more. He didn't know how far my addiction had gotten and when he learned about my "hitting rock bottom", he called and emailed and asked how he could help. He's been really helpful throughout my recovery.

Not all doctors suck, but the good ones are rare. And usually fully booked. That's how I can tell, usually....

I'm sorry this happened to you and congrats for staying strong!

• Like 1

Searchingsoul9

Hay sister like I told you before your shrink is fucked up I think your shrink needs a shrink run away from her run like you got a pitbull dog chasing you down run and don’t look back . I am glad to hear you got rid of her I hope you are having luck with your new therapist .you’re doing just fine sounds like you are thinking more clearly jest by reading your post great job keep it up .

Your brother FALCON

• Like 2