QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Update from Sebastian

Sebastian05

Hey guys. Its 730am and I'm totally dreading getting out of bed to head to work.

I seem to be sleeping slightly better. Went to bes at 12:30am and woke up at 5:00am and couldnt fall back asleep which really sucks.

I started taking wellbutrin 150mg XL 5 days ago. I took it for 3 days and then noticed a slight ringing in my ears and didnt take it the past two days.

The ringing in my ears is enough to scare me away from ever taking any more. Now i just hope it doesnt get worse and hope that it just goes away.

Anyone know anything about this?

For those of u who have been cheering me on, u know that ive been pretty depressed lately. Im about 5 months and one week off the adderall, and just feel so apathetic.

Energy levels are low and i just have a total lack of interest all around.

Dammit! Im so mad that i got this side effect from wellbutrin and all i can do now is pray that it goes away. Thank god its only a slight ringing. But still, it shouldnt be there at all.

Oh well. Now i have one more f'n thing to worry about :(

Any words of encouragement/hope?

-S

I'm proud of you for trying it. :) Maybe you should stick with it and the ringing will go away soon? I know you've been struggling and maybe it will at least get you through the next few months a little easier? I think you're doing AWESOME and I can't wait to see what you're like 6 months from now. Hang in there buddy! :)

• Like 2

Im just at my witts end. For the amount of time i sleep (maybe 4-5 hrs) i sleep well, but i wake up with such anxiety and cant fall back asleep. 90% of the time my sleep is crappy. So i wake up tired and out of it. I started the wellbutrin because my new doc told me i cant keep letting myself suffer. Im sad all the time and never look forward to anything. It sucks. Im now scared to continue the wellbutrin due to the ear rimging it had caused. Im gonna talk with my doc about it today and maybe switch to lexapro.

Im just heartbroken. The happiest and most productive ive ever been was on adderall, but even my doc said that adderall is good short term but not something he would advise for the long term. Thats how he feels about all meds.

We'll see. I just hope i start to come around more. This is so saddening :/

I want so very badly to be happy and positive.i want to enjoy living instead of feeling so bummed.

Sebastian,

I wish I had great words of wisdom for you, but right now just have some commiseration...I too miss those feelings of being happy and productive on adderall....The enthusiam, the being interested in things. I try to remind myself, though, that it WASN'T real, and that it wasn't sustainable. And those things were only at first. Three years later, there was a reason I wanted to quit this drug. I was crying every day. The 'up' would always eventually end with a crash.

And, after quitting, the months of flattness and deep depression and/or anxiety were very real, just like tons of other people's posts here describe.

Now, for me, the depression isn't so bad, the anxiety isn't so bad. But the flattness, the boredom, the ennui, the ahedonia...yeah still dealing with that. Everything is very slow.

A doctor told me that while it takes days for a cut to heal and weeks for a broken bone to heal, it can take year for a brain to heal. I just keep trying to focus on that.

• Like 3

Sebastian,

I wish I had great words of wisdom for you, but right now just have some commiseration...I too miss those feelings of being happy and productive on adderall....The enthusiam, the being interested in things. I try to remind myself, though, that it WASN'T real, and that it wasn't sustainable. And those things were only at first. Three years later, there was a reason I wanted to quit this drug. I was crying every day. The 'up' would always eventually end with a crash.

And, after quitting, the months of flattness and deep depression and/or anxiety were very real, just like tons of other people's posts here describe.

Now, for me, the depression isn't so bad, the anxiety isn't so bad. But the flattness, the boredom, the ennui, the ahedonia...yeah still dealing with that. Everything is very slow.

A doctor told me that while it takes days for a cut to heal and weeks for a broken bone to heal, it can take year for a brain to heal. I just keep trying to focus on that.

I love that last part of what a doctor told you, and it's so true.